Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Walcott is only 8.9, hope he gets match fit quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

dahat wrote: »
    Walcott is only 8.9, hope he gets match fit quickly.

Woefully off the pace after coming on vs Southampton but FA Cup match today should definitely help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Glenn Murray has come back in from loan and started today for Palace. If Palace hit the ground running under Pardew and he decides to play Murray then he could do a job like Austin has.

Lots of ifs and many more desirable options for now but worth mentioning if nothing else. Those 30 goals he scored in the Championship the season they got prompted are always in the back of my mind. Such a shame he picked up that 9 month injury as they got promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Only rumours at this point, but maybe worth monitoring
    Ospina for Arsenal (4.8) is expected to get run in the team after Szczesny allegedly fined and dropped after Southampton match.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/2rbomt/former_arsenalplayer_and_close_friend_of_steve/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mark Schwarzer is set to move to Leicester on loan and is expected to slip straight into the starting lineup. He managed 8 clean sheets in his last full season with Fulham and has always looked solid for Chelsea. He'll be available for 4.5, which is probably still a bit too much (Pantillimon/Heaton are at that price point) but it's an option at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

oooooohhh stevie gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Only rumours at this point, but maybe worth monitoring
    Ospina for Arsenal (4.8) is expected to get run in the team after Szczesny allegedly fined and dropped after Southampton match.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/2rbomt/former_arsenalplayer_and_close_friend_of_steve/

Hmmm, interesting. Martinez started 3 games earlier this season. Why would Ospina start now and not Martinez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmmm, interesting. Martinez started 3 games earlier this season. Why would Ospina start now and not Martinez?

Martinez only played those games because Ospina was injured. He was bought to provide competition to Szcz for the number one spot so wouldn't be surprised if he kept his place and started against Stoke.

Just heard on Sky that Leicester are chasing Shaun Maloney. I'd be very, very interested in that if he was priced right and Leicester were still alive and kicking come about March. A bid has been turned down so far but one to watch. He nearly always produced the good for Wigan at the business end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Leicester City look to have beat Chelsea to the signing of Andrej Kramaric.
    He a striker who has been quite prolific in Croatia so interesting to see if he can carry that on in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He a striker who has been quite prolific in Croatia so interesting to see if he carry that on in England.

Some record this season, goals against Sevilla, Standard Liege and Feyenoord in the Europa league. Seems to be on penalties as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He a striker who has been quite prolific in Croatia so interesting to see if he can carry that on in England.

Nikola Kalinic had been prolific in Croatia when Blackburn signed him :pac:

Bosko Balaban has been too when Villa punted on him.

Yaya Sanogo joins Crystal Palace on loan for remainder of season. 4.7M currently definitely on the watchlist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shaun Moloney expected to sign for Leicester. May interest Mr P :)

manual_man wrote: »
    Shaun Moloney expected to sign for Leicester. May interest Mr P :)

I'd give it another 10 GWs before he single handedly attempts to save Leicester from relegation just like Wigan almost every season :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Will be keeping an eye on ospina, if he can keep szczseney out of the team 4.8m will be good value. Arsenal have decent fixtures too albeit they've been shaky at the back at times this year. With koscielny back they'll be much improved.

Also for those going the 1 GK route gilks (4m) is nearing a drop, hopefully he makes it as the 0.1m could be useful elsewhere.

I'd give it another 10 GWs before he single handedly attempts to save Leicester from relegation just like Wigan almost every season :p

I think you're mixing him up with Charles N'Zogbia. He was the original Wigan saviour!

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think you're mixing him up with Charles N'Zogbia. He was the original Wigan saviour!

Well both of them so but Maloney interests me now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Martinex "A couple of clubs contacted us in the last 12 hrs so I decided to leave [Eto'o] out. We will see what is best for all of us" #EFC
    @BenDinnery

Does that suggest another PL club in for him so not wanting to be cup tied. Interesting.

FHFC wrote: »
    Martinex "A couple of clubs contacted us in the last 12 hrs so I decided to leave [Eto'o] out. We will see what is best for all of us" #EFC
    @BenDinnery

Does that suggest another PL club in for him so not wanting to be cup tied. Interesting.

Talk of him going back to Italy I think.
    Don't want him getting injured and missing out on a fee I'd say.

• Advertisement

Jermaine Defoe said to be having a medical at Sunderland according to Sky. Depending on price and his form he could be a cracking 3rd forward if and when Kane and Austin drop off.

Sunderland have a number of tasty home games in the run in I think?

On the watchlist anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jermaine Defoe said to be having a medical at Sunderland according to Sky. Depending on price and his form he could be a cracking 3rd forward if and when Kane and Austin drop off.

Sunderland have a number of tasty home games in the run in I think?

On the watchlist anyway.

An old favourite of mine. Is it a permanent or loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Permanent I think but I think it depends on Altidore going the other way for Sunderland to abide by FFP

I don't know actually, but they were sayin 10 clubs were interested yesterday I think so who knows :pac:

Paully D might have some inside knowledge for us :)

It's a permanent deal and a 14 million fee is being mentioned :eek:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551889/Jermain-Defoe-Sunderland-14m-deal

He's been training with Spurs for the past month. He signed for Toronto because of Ryan Nelsen but he has since been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jermain Defoe is having a medical at Sunderland, according to Sky sources.

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's a permanent deal and a 14 million fee is being mentioned :eek:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551889/Jermain-Defoe-Sunderland-14m-deal

He's been training with Spurs for the past month. He signed for Toronto because of Ryan Nelsen but he has since been sacked.

11 million wages and 3 million transfer fee. There is way too much money in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

11 million wages and 3 million transfer fee. There is way too much money in the league.

Altidore will get the same wage in Toronto:eek:

Not FSA related, I know, but I should have played more when I was young.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-jozy-altidore-inherits-jermain-defoes-80000aweek-deal-at-toronto-9978856.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Glen Johnson - I've been his biggest critic at times but he was playing well before this latest injury - Liverpool have been keeping more clean sheets since the change to 3 at the back, with the wing backs given more license to attack. 5.3M and back in contention for this weekend according to Rogers - could be a crafty punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

if Rose is to play forward like he did last night he's on my watchlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Ospina(4.8) and Bellerin(4.4) are 2 that I am keeping tabs on, depending on if they keep their places.

Bellerin could be rotated with Chambers though, but offers good assist chances I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/9646238

Hull are close to agreeing a fee with Blackburn for striker Rudy Gestede, Sky Sports understands.

Negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs with the potential deal thought to be worth in the region of £4.5m.

Gestede, 26, has scored 25 goals in 50 appearances for Rovers since joining on loan from Cardiff City in 2013.

The French-born Benin international joined Rovers permanently in January 2014.

If he's set at the right price, he could definitely be worth a dart for the wildcard. He's been immense for Rovers since he joined us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rikand wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/9646238

If he's set at the right price, he could definitely be worth a dart for the wildcard. He's been immense for Rovers since he joined us

as a rovers fan I would take the money tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    as a rovers fan I would take the money tho

Christ on a bike:eek:
    There's more Blackburn fans on this forum than I thought were on the entire Island of Ireland!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

They came very close to buying boring for 14m so it was there already for a striker and Defoe over boring any day despite age gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    Glen Johnson - I've been his biggest critic at times but he was playing well before this latest injury - Liverpool have been keeping more clean sheets since the change to 3 at the back, with the wing backs given more license to attack. 5.3M and back in contention for this weekend according to Rogers - could be a crafty punt

He looks like dropping to 5.2m tonight.

Defoe has a habit of scoring on his debut. I might do Austin to him next week if he looks like getting gametime and no other pressing concerns ahead of the WC

His price will be very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Defoe has a habit of scoring on his debut. I might do Austin to him next week if he looks like getting gametime and no other pressing concerns ahead of the WC

His price will be very interesting.

Added at £6.0. Could be a bargain. On the watchlist.

SkySter wrote: »

Great price, will be very hard to ignore at that.

• Advertisement

Great price, will be very hard to ignore at that.

Should play well off Fletcher as a target man. I wonder will Wickham leave now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SkySter wrote: »

Awaiting Paully D assessment now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Christ on a bike:eek:
    There's more Blackburn fans on this forum than I thought were on the entire Island of Ireland!!

And I'm another Blackburn fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd urge caution on Defoe for the time being lads.

He's a cracking goalscorer but even the best can't score if they don't get chances. Sunderland are creating nothing so far this season and I feel it's going to need a change in system from Poyet to get the best out of him as Defoe has always played better with a partner.

Will sunderland create enough and will Poyet change his system? Two questions I'd need answering.

As a following on note, Fletcher has always played better with a partner too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd urge caution on Defoe for the time being lads.

He's a cracking goalscorer but even the best can't score if they don't get chances. Sunderland are creating nothing so far this season and I feel it's going to need a change in system from Poyet to get the best out of him as Defoe has always played better with a partner.

Will sunderland create enough and will Poyet change his system? Two questions I'd need answering.

As a following on note, Fletcher has always played better with a partner too.

I agree with you but I'm looking for a one week gamble transfer next GW before I wildcard and Austin to Defoe could just be it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

irish son wrote: »
    I agree with you but I'm looking for a one week gamble transfer next GW before I wildcard and Austin to Defoe could just be it :)

At home to Burnley. Why not? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thoughts on Elia? TBH I hadn't head of him till this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Shedite27 wrote: »

I'm thinking of getting him in for Chadli. I need to dump Spurs players. (have 3x Spurs, and 3x Chelsea). That league cup final could kill me.

MOTD showed his goal stats at each of his clubs. The numbers weren't impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Looks a decent player, played well against Man Utd. and they have a good run of games coming.
    but out of Southampton midfield I'd go with James Ward-Prowse at 4.8 for a cheap 5th MF, he has been chipping away with assists this last month.

What price is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What price is he?
    5.5, the 1.1 saved from Siggy would be very welcome in my defence. Would probably be looking to play him most weeks.

I'm worried about rotation in Southampton's midfield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement