Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bellerin looking very good so far...at 4.4 I might be tempted to take a punt on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    5.5, the 1.1 saved from Siggy would be very welcome in my defence. Would probably be looking to play him most weeks.

I'm worried about rotation in Southampton's midfield.

Puncheon a better option at that price imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bellerin looking very good so far...at 4.4 I might be tempted to take a punt on him.

I'm thinking the same
    depending on prognosis for alderweireld it will be him or wasi making way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    5.5, the 1.1 saved from Siggy would be very welcome in my defence. Would probably be looking to play him most weeks.

I'm worried about rotation in Southampton's midfield.

Tadic looks to be injured according to FPL site but should be okay in a fortnight.

Wayanama, Mane, Schneiderlein injured as well as Alderweireld who stepped into MF when Schneiderlein was out before.

Long doesn't seem to be getting started in League.

Given Koeman's past with Elia I'd say he'll get game time for next while in a kind of front 3 of Pelle, Ward-Prowse and Elia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

shineon23 wrote: »
    Tadic looks to be injured according to FPL site but should be okay in a fortnight.

Wayanama, Mane, Schneiderlein injured as well as Alderweireld who stepped into MF when Schneiderlein was out before.

Long doesn't seem to be getting started in League.

Given Koeman's past with Elia I'd say he'll get game time for next while in a kind of front 3 of Pelle, Ward-Prowse and Elia.

I'd say Elia place is certain till Mane returns at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Swansea are looking at Norwich's Martin Olsson which could be interesting if it happened.

Also worth monitoring for Naylor owners, especially after that Palace bid earlier in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm considering bringing Pelle in for Ings in the WC. Currently have Aguero and Costa also. When I compare Ings and Pelle's fixtures over the next 4 (and to a lesser extent the next 6).

Pelle (4 home out of the next 6):
    SWA
    qpr
    WHU
    LIV
    wba
    CPL

Ings: (2 home out of the next 6):
    sun
    WBA
    man u
    che
    SWA
    liv
    (Burnley's fixtures continue on a nasty run from here too…).

Of course this move means downgrading some defenders, however I think there's value in the likes of PVA and Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm currently favoring a Aguero Costa Pelle frontline as well. It doesn't leave me much wiggle room if I need to upgrade Puncheon, but I think Pelle is primed to start scoring again. Giroud is the other main choice in that bracket; I'd be going with Cazorla in mid instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm currently favoring a Aguero Costa Pelle frontline as well. It doesn't leave me much wiggle room if I need to upgrade Puncheon, but I think Pelle is primed to start scoring again. Giroud is the other main choice in that bracket; I'd be going with Cazorla in mid instead.
    I know Giroud is .4 more expencsive but he has an even nicer next 6 than Pelle if ya ask me...

Giroud
    Aston Villa (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Everton (H)
    QPR (A)

Pelle
    Swansea (H)
    QPR (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Liverpool (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)

I'd be maxed out on Arsenal though with Sanchez, Cazorla, and Bellerin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/558650700868354048

Maya Yoshida will be available for GW23 #SaintsFC defender was unable to prevent Japan from being knocked out of the Asian Cup on penalties

Very interesting to see if he replaces Gardos, he was ahead of him earlier in the season. If so he could be fantastic value till Alderwiereld returns. I had him at 4.0 for a while last season when somebody was injured and he was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Carles Gil

A very impressive half hour against Liverpool - cracker today in the FA Cup.

At 5.0m is straight onto the watchlist -- could replace Elia, Puncheon et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Carles Gil

Is that the guy signed from Valencia? Valencia are on the ropes financially and a lot were surprised he left apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Carles Gil

After that goal I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a few WC teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dahat wrote: »
    Is that the guy signed from Valencia? Valencia are on the ropes financially and a lot were surprised he left apparently.

That's him alright.

Was a prominent player with Elche (on loan) last season who got promoted to La Liga

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

dahat wrote: »

Valencia aren't on the ropes financially at all anymore with the new owner.

Carles Gil is a popular youth product who was let go because he was getting very limited playing time this season. Not good enough to get in ahead of any of Valencia's other winger, and not as good as players out on loan already either.

Good player though, could come good in the future given more playing time.

Palace sign Ameobi from Newcastle. Potential as a 4.3m mid!

Also Jordan Mutch from Cardiff, probably not good news for Puncheon 'in the hole' and further dilution of the attacking certainties with Gayle, Chamahk, Sanogo, Puncheon, Bolasie etc....

FHFC wrote: »
    Palace sign Ameobi from Newcastle. Potential as a 4.3m mid!

Also Jordan Mutch from Cardiff, probably not good news for Puncheon 'in the hole' and further dilution of the attacking certainties with Gayle, Chamahk, Sanogo, Puncheon, Bolasie etc....

Shola Ameobi, the older striking brother, not young Sammy :P

Shola Ameobi, the older striking brother, not young Sammy :P

Ahhh. I see.

• Advertisement

Ahhh. I see.

With Carver in charge for the rest of the season I'd say he's a good shout to be starting matches regularly all the same and better than if he were at Palace with all their players. Not sure what Shola brings that attack though.

Sammy is my 4.3m bench fodder ;)

Hull have fee agreed for Senegal striker Dame N'Doye.

Swansea expected to sign Jack Cork* from Southampton.

Cork is 4.3, wonder what his gametime prospects at Swans will be.

* The actual Jack Cork this time, not his older brother Jackson Cork the washed up striker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

* The actual Jack Cork this time, not his older brother Jackson Cork the washed up striker :)

Just asked the resident Swansea supporter here in work. He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).

Just playing is good enough for me anyway. He's my 4.3 wildcard mid.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just asked the resident Swansea supporter here in work. He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).

Just playing is good enough for me anyway. He's my 4.3 wildcard mid.

I think I'll still stick with Lucas, I think he's pretty nailed on and more chance of the odd clean sheet point than Cork or Shola Ameobi.

I think I'll still stick with Lucas, I think he's pretty nailed on and more chance of the odd clean sheet point than Cork or Shola Ameobi.

My bugbear with Lucas is that he wastes a Liverpool spot if for some reason I would want Sterling, Studge, and a defender (say a DGW). I don't see myself wanting three other Newcastle players; plus the only time I'd plan to play my 4.3m mid is GW27 when Lucas has Man City. Ameobi's game time is a worry though.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31058844

Scott Sinclair anyone?

edit: 5.2m on FPL .. ouch

New #FPL additions:

Gabriel (ARS) DEF 5.5
    Bielik (ARS) MID 4.5
    McManaman (WBA) MID 5.0
    Ameobi (CRY) FWD 4.5

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/561146976234782720

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).
    Britton had the highest pass completion rate in Europe a few seasons ago, he basically sits infront of the centre backs making lots of short backwards/sideway passes.

:pac:

Can never go wrong with Cork :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

:pac:

Can never go wrong with Cork :)

Only problem is you need a bottle opener! Screw caps are the way to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cuadrado deal agreed according to SSN. 8-9M in FPL I imagine

manual_man wrote: »
    To who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Shedite27 wrote:
    To who?

Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »

Yet another midfielder we have to worry about! At least with Schurrle we knew he wasn't going to get starts. Seems strange for them to be about to turn a profit and take a player who rarely started and replace them with a player who (presumably) will be in with a shot of starting.

I thought Cuadrado was magnificent in the World Cup for Columbia but lets see how he translates to the Premier League, at another club he could have been a great asset. Pricing is vital here I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    Yet another midfielder we have to worry about! At least with Schurrle we knew he wasn't going to get starts. Seems strange for them to be about to turn a profit and take a player who rarely started and replace them with a player who (presumably) will be in with a shot of starting.

Willian needs competition. though why defenders aren't top of their shopping list is a mystery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can see him replacing Willian. He's never quite shone like Hazard and Oscar have in that three behind Costa. He doesn't score or assist enough.

Willian is a workhorse, but with not too much attacking end product. Willian will still see game time, but more likely against the bigger teams where Jose likes to keep it tight

Saints fan myself, gutted he didn't sign the new contract, thought he was a shoe in to be the new captain last summer after the fire sale, bit worried now if Scheniderlein leaves, only Davies, Wayanama, Reed and Alderweirld as options this season.

Cork was unlucky with injuries this season and think he would have got a fair bit of gametime only for it, so should be a good signing for Swansea. Played a good bit the last 2 seasons.

At 4.3- ideal 5th midfielder if he gets his 90 mins, has been on my watch list the last while when he was out injured.

Callum McManaman has my attention today. He could be a great Pulis player.

• Advertisement

How long before Zouma gets consideration? 4.6 defender for Chelsea, looked solid today. Cahill's been rough this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Am seriously considerin Zouma for my WC...worst case scenario he gets dropped and you swop him out....Cahill meant to have had a row with Mourinho .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am seriously considerin Zouma for my WC...worst case scenario he gets dropped and you swop him out....Cahill meant to have had a row with Mourinho .

considering doubling up with terry
    only problem is the league cup final...... and also having 2 Chelsea spots tied up
    . serious value though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Willian is one of the more understated Chelsea players in non-FPL terms and will defo eat into Cuadrado's playing time. Wouldn't want him at anything over 7.0 (which he won't be) and not until after Chelsea's blank GW

With Bertrand's suspension;

Matt Targett 3.9, left back,
    cheap entry into Southamptom defence for next few games.

.3 cheaper than Yoshida who's in for Alderweireld at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

With Jack Cork's move to Swansea, he's available for 4.3. I know George Boyd has his fans (I'm definitely one of the early groupies) but there's a nice .2 saving to be had!

Liverpool still meant to be after Ings, but reports he has signed a pre contract with Moyes at Real Sociedad!

Edit: The Sociedad bit confirmed as false....

Also, and more reliably, Huth to Leicester confirmed.

Baird could be on the way out of the Hawthorns...not looking like getting back in the team anyhow!! :(

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8559147

• Advertisement

Baird could be on the way out of the Hawthorns...not looking like getting back in the team anyhow!! :(

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8559147

Bit of an odd one if you ask me. He'd been playing well I thought, and more suited to the position than Lescott

Advertisement