Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

3,000 have snapped him up today aswell. Is he expected to be LWB till shaw gets back cant see the point in getting him if he is part of the back 3 with cheaper options available.

I assume so. Only other option is Ashley Young, so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good training session done this morning. Looking forward to sunday!

RVP on twitter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »
    I assume so. Only other option is Ashley Young, so..

Except it isn't. There is Reece James & Tyler Blackett who could play there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    RVP on twitter....

Perfect. I currently have 3 mil burning a hole in my pocket. A good performance from RVP this weekend could see alot of early wildcards for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I want to mention Andrew Roberston of Hull before he rips things up some week. I won't pretend I know much about him but I read somewhere a few weeks back (F365 I think but can't now find the article) that he's one to watch for the season and he seems pretty attack minded. At 4.5, Hull's fixtures, potential europa league exit and the fact he picked up a BP last weekend he's well worth taking a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I also mentioned him in the GW2 Transfers thread. Too early to pull the trigger as he didn't play in any Europa games to date so difficult to know if he's first choice. But as soon as he gets a run in the team he'll move up my watchlist.

Although I read that TotalFPL defenders analysis and they don't seem too high on him. At that price we can wait a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3,000 have snapped him up today aswell. Is he expected to be LWB till shaw gets back cant see the point in getting him if he is part of the back 3 with cheaper options available.

Those 3000 that brought Rojo in yesterday will be dissapointed no work permit.

I want to mention Andrew Roberston of Hull before he rips things up some week. I won't pretend I know much about him but I read somewhere a few weeks back (F365 I think but can't now find the article) that he's one to watch for the season and he seems pretty attack minded. At 4.5, Hull's fixtures, potential europa league exit and the fact he picked up a BP last weekend he's well worth taking a look at.

FFS had an article on him before last week. He might have had a goal chance cleared off the line... Though I might be mistaken and he cleared one off the line!

FFS were suggesting it wasn't clear if he would hold down a place. One to watch definitely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Those 3000 that brought Rojo in yesterday will be dissapointed no work permit.

Most of them used a wildcard (my assumption only) so no drama there tbh.

Very few players would use the free transfer to bring him in. At 6m I am surprised there were 3k players who made the move tbh.

Tom Carroll has joined Swansea on loan from Spurs. At 4.5 he could be an option as the 5th mid maybe when people play their wildcards in a few weeks

• Advertisement

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/24/en/f...408894942.html

The agreement between Real Madrid and Manchester United for the signing of Di María is definitive. 'Los Blancos' will rake in a fixed sum of €75 million plus a further €15 million in variables. He will earn around €8 million a season.

I imagine he will come in around the 10.0 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

di maria my guess will be at 10mill if he joins Manu.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Far too early to be considering DiMaria. We don't know where he's going to be played, or how he will fit in. ManU are hardly flying either. Even to try to gain money, it's a questionable move as prices seem to be more stable this year. I'll give him a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think I'll wait until my January wildcard until I even consider Di Maria, Sanchez, Balotelli and so on, unless they really explode early on.

I think I'll wait until my January wildcard until I even consider Di Maria, Sanchez, Balotelli and so on, unless they really explode early on.

Depending on the price of Balotelli, if he comes in around the 8.5 mark then Giroud -> Balotelli is a no brainer for me

If spurs dont sign a striker before the window closes I reckon Ill get adeboyar in if I wildcard after GW3.

If spurs dont sign a striker before the window closes I reckon Ill get adeboyar in if I wildcard after GW3.

I have my eyes on him but the question how long will his motivation last?

With qualification for champions league this season the Europa league could become more of a factor this year too with rotation

I have my eyes on him but the question how long will his motivation last?

With qualification for champions league this season the Europa league could become more of a factor this year too with rotation

Im a fan of his I know most arent and i have regularly had him in my team over the years. I think the motivation thing is overplayed personally and is as much to do with his style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Seb Larsson at 5.5, looks back in form this season, highlighted this morning by Scout notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Interesting article on Balotelli for anyone considering him. I think I'll be steering clear for a while until I see a bit of him in a liverpool shirt.

Edit: never post the actual article!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/football-just-a-trivial-pursuit-for-baffling-balotelli-1.1906591

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

dahat wrote: »
    Seb Larsson at 5.5, looks back in form this season, highlighted this morning by Scout notes

I heard Neville praising his delivery on commentary, maybe it's just me but feel he has been poor for 2 seasons & that he isn't going to improve greatly anytime soon...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KingJamsie wrote: »
    I heard Neville praising his delivery on commentary, maybe it's just me but feel he has been poor for 2 seasons & that he isn't going to improve greatly anytime soon...:o

Think people at the end of the delivery may have been an issue as well. Rodwell may be rusty and a bit injury prone but he can head a ball properly and that could be vital for his deliveries.

I have him down as a WC possible for next week anyway.

Interesting article on Balotelli for anyone considering him. I think I'll be steering clear for a while until I see a bit of him in a liverpool shirt.

Edit: never post the actual article!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/football-just-a-trivial-pursuit-for-baffling-balotelli-1.1906591

Nothing new to me in this article tbh. If you want to laugh watch interview with Mourinho on Balotelli.Classic.

He will have to grow up sooner or later. Never was a fan of his playing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Looks like the press is more excited than the fans themselves.

From FPL point of view I can't see him in my team.

Liverpool paind only 16m for him, I wouldn't pay more than 7-8m on the FPL.

Cards magnet etc - I won't have him unless he turns into Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wonski wrote: »
    Cards magnet etc - I won't have him unless he turns into Suarez.

Are you saying you want him to choo-choo through the opposition?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you saying you want him to choo-choo through the opposition?

Nah, the other stuff;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I read somewhere 33 of his 50 goals for Milan were from set pieces - free kicks, corners, peno's etc.

Anyone confirm?

Also only one assist while at city. And as mentioned cards are likely.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Sterling or Studge before Balotelli. He won't be on penalties anyway, or many free-kicks and for the goals he does score somebody will have to assist him. If he was priced at something crazy like 7 then ok but most likely 8.5-9 and better options in that range.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I ever owned him as a City player either

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Sterling or Studge before Balotelli. He won't be on penalties anyway, or many free-kicks and for the goals he does score somebody will have to assist him. If he was priced at something crazy like 7 then ok but most likely 8.5-9 and better options in that range.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I ever owned him as a City player either

He won't be on penalties? But that's the one that he is actually world class at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

tempted with buckley as a 5th mid. looked bright vs utd

He won't be on penalties? But that's the one that he is actually world class at!

Well I assume Gerrard has that gig sewn up, if Suarez wasn't taking them I doubt Balotelli will no matter how good he is at them. Maybe I'm wrong though just assuming really.

Well I assume Gerrard has that gig sewn up, if Suarez wasn't taking them I doubt Balotelli will no matter how good he is at them. Maybe I'm wrong though just assuming really.

Nah you're right I'd say - somehow I forgot about Gerrard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I read somewhere 33 of his 50 goals for Milan were from set pieces - free kicks, corners, peno's etc.

Anyone confirm?

I can confirm he only scored 30 goals for Milan. He played 54 games for them in all competitions, scoring 50 goals in 54 would have been pretty damn impressive!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge was sh*te last night! Balotelli could be worth a gamble... But it's not a gamble i'm taking. Happy enough to keep Sterling for now he should make hay against the lesser teams

Dawson signed contract with Hull - didn't see that coming.
    DiMaria and Eto annouced officially, too.

How much is Dawson? That could spell the end for Bruce as apparently Rhodes is going to hand in a transfer request at Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much is Dawson? That could spell the end for Bruce as apparently Rhodes is going to hand in a transfer request at Blackburn.

Bruce is gone for me anyway, mcshane has played well since coming in, maguire is also a problem and now you ve Dawson on top of Chester and davies

Lemlin wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Eto could be worth a look, take it will see naismith drop out-

• Advertisement

Balotelli in @ 10.0

Probably gonna sign him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Danger781 wrote: »
    Balotelli in @ 10.0

Probably gonna sign him up!
    His goalscoring record is very average and he doesn't get assists. He is also a card magnet. Not a good option at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Thoughts on Puncheon? He only dropped due to his red and actually got an assist during the game. Proven points scorer after last year. Any obviously better option under £7m I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Why did the Spurs sell their captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Why did the Spurs sell their captain?

Probably cause he's sh1t. Lennon appointed new captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's laughable that Diego Costa is only 0.5m dearer than Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

qwabercd wrote: »

He's 0.6m dearer

rosskind wrote: »
    Thoughts on Puncheon? He only dropped due to his red and actually got an assist during the game. Proven points scorer after last year. Any obviously better option under £7m I'm missing?

I'm steering clear of Palace until they appoint a manager. They showed before Pulis arrived that they are a fairly average bunch of players unless they have the right manager to put them into a rigid system.

Letting Pulis go was a huge mistake on their behalf. 5 goals now conceded in two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

qwabercd wrote: »

It's even more laughable that people are jumping the gun to throw him in their teams already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Di Maria @ 9.5

Advertisement