Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler undoing pram buckle.

Options
  • 25-07-2014 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, as the title suggests, my 20month old has become a little Houdini and since yesterday has figured out how to undo his pram straps buckle. It's a baby jogger city mini with 5 point harness. Today he undid it in the park and jumped out causing him to tumble!

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of safety device to prevent him undoing the buckle??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I know it's prob no good but there's some on Amazon works for the car too.. As for shops could try a baby shop but not seen them myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Would this work? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Houdini-Stop-v1-1/dp/B0044VUXGW/ref%3Dsr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333733924&sr=8-1 Bella baby stock them.
    I know a woman who used a big freezer clip from ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

We have the Houdini strap for the car, works a treat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Just get a harness (often come with reins) in Mothercare etc. I'm not familiar with your buggy but I presume there are connector rings for a harness in the corner of the seat- beside the existing straps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks guys... Thing is its not just that he's getting the the straps over his arms. He's undoing the buckle and jumping out. I have 2 harnesses... But if he was in a harness he still would be able to jump out wouldn't he?? He just wouldn't be able to get very far obviously... But he'd still be able to undo it and get out?

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys... Thing is its not just that he's getting the the straps over his arms. He's undoing the buckle and jumping out. I have 2 harnesses... But if he was in a harness he still would be able to jump out wouldn't he?? He just wouldn't be able to get very far obviously... But he'd still be able to undo it and get out?

No he wouldn't be able to get out if the harness was properly secured to the buggy.

MammaZita wrote: »
    No he wouldn't be able to get out if the harness was properly secured to the buggy.

Ok... I'm gonna have to look at how to attach our harness to pram then. Thanks. Hopefully I do it right!

MammaZita wrote: »

Thanks mammazita, ur suggetion is perfect. One of our harnesses can be attached to the pram loops and as it buckles at his back there is no way he's gonna be able to undo it. Cheers! :)

Thanks mammazita, ur suggetion is perfect. One of our harnesses can be attached to the pram loops and as it buckles at his back there is no way he's gonna be able to undo it. Cheers! :)

You're welcome! I have a tiny Houdini as well and it's the only thing that works. My mother suggested it to me as that's what they used on us in the big Silver Cross prams in the "olden days" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Do you mean the walking harness? My little grandson (20 months) has started escaping from his buggy as wel. He gave me an awful fright yesterday when one minute he was sitting down and the next he was standing grinning at me!

I remember this one. There was no escape. Can you still get these?
    http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mDsY_WowedKnvWqSxK8vLUg.jpg

ETA: Just found it on ebay for £45.00!!!

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    Do you mean the walking harness? My little grandson (20 months) has started escaping from his buggy as wel. He gave me an awful fright yesterday when one minute he was sitting down and the next he was standing grinning at me!

I remember this one. There was no escape. Can you still get these?
    http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mDsY_WowedKnvWqSxK8vLUg.jpg

ETA: Just found it on ebay for £45.00!!!

Yes you can get that type and similar in Mothercare- much cheaper than £45!

Yes the harness from the reins are the best- that's what I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thanks. I'll give a look in Mothercare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Tesco have the reins for €5.19 at the moment, well tesco in Navan anyway!

Advertisement