Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha key program

• 25-07-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭

Is it a yamaha thing or am I missing something but can only one key be programmed at a time.
    Second key wouldn't start bike so I programmed it, then first one wouldn't work!
    Programmed first one again and second one stopped working!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

blade1 wrote: »
    Is it a yamaha thing or am I missing something but can only one key be programmed at a time.
    Second key wouldn't start bike so I programmed it, then first one wouldn't work!
    Programmed first one again and second one stopped working!

Hm strange... i had 3 keys (one of them was the red) and all started the bike... didnt have any issue. What bike is it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Hm strange... i had 3 keys (one of them was the red) and all started the bike... didnt have any issue. What bike is it again?

Tdm900.
    I have a kawasaki also and the 3 keys work on that!
    It's not a problem but was wondering if it was normal?

Tdm900.
    I have a kawasaki also and the 3 keys work on that!
    It's not a problem but was wondering if it was normal?

to be honest... i am gonna tell you what i think...

i recon that the ingition module/imobilizer is the same as on FJR or other yamaha models... so there is something you aint doing right... you should be able to clone/copy the key and be able to obtian spare key with no issues... the software you using must be wrong, or making just an unique key with coding, erasing the spare everytime you flash it...

i am not sure if i explained myself, but you can have more then one key working... :)

Bikerguy wrote: »
    to be honest... i am gonna tell you what i think...

i recon that the ingition module/imobilizer is the same as on FJR or other yamaha models... so there is something you aint doing right... you should be able to clone/copy the key and be able to obtian spare key with no issues... the software you using must be wrong, or making just an unique key with coding, erasing the spare everytime you flash it...

i am not sure if i explained myself, but you can have more then one key working... :)
    I'm not using software.
    I'm doing on the ignition with the red key.

I'm not using software.
    I'm doing on the ignition with the red key.

here we go

:) the red key can create only unique key... everytime... so for spare you need to use flash/clone program...for that you need the manufacter number and probably contact yamaha..

• Advertisement

Ah right!
    No need to program it really so(not worth the effort or cost i'd imagine)
    If something happens the first key, the second one can be programmed,no hassle with the red key.
    Cheers Bikerguy!!

Advertisement