Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Student Support?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

So Im hoping to start at DIT this September, thing is i dont actually know how ill afford it.
    Current situation is that my parents cant really even afford to buy enough food for the family so i wont have any support from them money wise.
    Ive tried all year to get a job but there is just nothing going in my town, another reason im eager to get back to college.
    I have enough for a deposit and first months rent but not much after that!
    Ill be getting BTEA but i dont know how ill be able to cover everything?
    Does anybody know any organisations or anything that can help me out? Or even if the social welfare have any extra allowances? I know FAS give housing allowance but im not eligible for it i dont think.
    Its so fustrating. I actually really want to go to college but with all the government cut backs its becoming more and more difficult!
    Also if anyone could tell me about any relativity cheap (for Dublin)/Safe areas to live that would be great!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Try SUSI

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PaulinaMc

F9Devil wrote: »
    Try SUSI

Susi cover my fees but I'm not eligable for maintence grant because I'm receiving BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Most colleges will have student assistance funds etc to help students who may need funds.. Have you contacted college about your issues as they should be able to help or advise you where best to look for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 buzzb123

hi, many colleges have student assistant funds for students that are experiencing particular financial hardships.

Contact the access officer in DIT and speak with them re this, I am sure they will be able to advise you.

Best of luck.

Advertisement