Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flight with Lufthansa - need passport in a hurry

• 25-07-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys. Can any of you tell me if you have experienced anything similar or know of someone who has? A friend of mine booked me a ticket with lifthansa so no passport number was required. He presumed I had a passport. Sadly Iv never had a passport so I applied straight away when I found out about trip through passport express thinking id get it in 10days. After a bit of research i realised this is unlikely. Do you know if its possible by going to the passport office to speed it up. Applied the 16th of july. Due to fly the 5th of august. No emails/phonecalls have been answered. Panicking that 600euro a piece will be list if I cant get passport.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

lee1991 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Can any of you tell me if you have experienced anything similar or know of someone who has? A friend of mine booked me a ticket with lifthansa so no passport number was required. He presumed I had a passport. Sadly Iv never had a passport so I applied straight away when I found out about trip through passport express thinking id get it in 10days. After a bit of research i realised this is unlikely. Do you know if its possible by going to the passport office to speed it up. Applied the 16th of july. Due to fly the 5th of august. No emails/phonecalls have been answered. Panicking that 600euro a piece will be list if I cant get passport.

I've used passport express every time I needed a renewal and have had it within 10 days. From the DFA website:

"As at 16 July 2014, Passport Express services are taking on average 10/11 working days for renewal applications, while first time applications are averaging at 13/14 working days".

Judging by this, and your application being a first time application, you should have it just in time as you've left it in 15 working days before your flight. There's really nothing more you can do now except wait and hope there are no delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Keep trying to get through, you need to do this and will eventually. Waiting time for first time passports is officially 20 working days but some people in the Passport mega thread have got it faster. You need to speak to someone

Advertisement