Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not at home on Results Day

• 25-07-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

OK so I won't be around on results day I won't be back until that evening. I know you can get results online and I tried to see about this on examinations.ie. However, on the website it just says results facility available soon, no other information. Isn't there some code I need to get from my school before I go away so I can look up my results?

If anyone has any info on this or did the same last year or something, your input would be very helpful.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The results will be available online from noon on the day they are released. You should have been given a letter from the SEC (via your school) with a PIN number on it. It would have been with the booklet they give people sitting the LC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

spurious wrote: »
    The results will be available online from noon on the day they are released. You should have been given a letter from the SEC (via your school) with a PIN number on it. It would have been with the booklet they give people sitting the LC.

Was that the letter that came with the bank giro/the form to pay for Leaving Cert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Was that the letter that came with the bank giro/the form to pay for Leaving Cert?

No, each student is given the letter around the days of the beginning of the Leaving Cert. It's usually given out by the secretary/exam attendants/teachers in the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

OK so I won't be around on results day I won't be back until that evening. I know you can get results online and I tried to see about this on examinations.ie. However, on the website it just says results facility available soon, no other information. Isn't there some code I need to get from my school before I go away so I can look up my results?

If anyone has any info on this or did the same last year or something, your input would be very helpful.

Contact your school Monday morning, your principal and/or secretaries will probably be back by now. Failing that contact the SEC and have your exam number and school address ready to get your pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

thelad95 wrote: »
    Contact your school Monday morning, your principal and/or secretaries will probably be back by now. Failing that contact the SEC and have your exam number and school address ready to get your pin.

Yeah I think this is what I'm going to do because I searched our file of letters from the last 12 months and the letter with the pin wasn't there.
    As well as that the fact that we would have only got it 2 to 3 months ago (which I would definitely remember) makes me think that my school never gave us that letter. We did get a booklet with a timetable in it and the rules of the state exams etc. But those didn't have any pincodes in them

• Advertisement
Advertisement