Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geologist positions in Canada

Options
  • 25-07-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey all, I have my my working holiday visa sorted, and am heading over to Canada in a couple of months. I was wondering though if anyone knew of any Mining Recruiters or where to look at for Geology work. There really is a lack of advertised jobs. My experience has mainly been in Mining and Mineral Exploration, so a lot of the Oil jobs are not suitable for me, unless they are entry level....

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Comments

Hey all, I have my my working holiday visa sorted, and am heading over to Canada in a couple of months. I was wondering though if anyone knew of any Mining Recruiters or where to look at for Geology work. There really is a lack of advertised jobs. My experience has mainly been in Mining and Mineral Exploration, so a lot of the Oil jobs are not suitable for me, unless they are entry level....

Look up a place called Mount Milligan in BC. I'm currently here doing a 3 week construction rotation. I'll be finishing soon, but if you can hack 3 week on one off, there's money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Look up a place called Mount Milligan in BC. I'm currently here doing a 3 week construction rotation. I'll be finishing soon, but if you can hack 3 week on one off, there's money to be made.

Hey, thanks for the info. I'll fire off an email and see what they say. No problem with the roster, as its usual for the type of work I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Most of the Mineral Exploration work is based out of BC, not so much in Alberta.

What sort of experience do you have Karlos? Where did you work before?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Most of the Mineral Exploration work is based out of BC, not so much in Alberta.

What sort of experience do you have Karlos? Where did you work before?

Yep, looking at BC companies now.

Experience, 5 years working in Australia, mainly in Gold, but some Iron Ore exploration too. Spent 2 years with Newmont at the Boddington Gold Mine, as a Mine Geo, and then 2 years in Ballarat with Lion Gold as a Near Mine Exploration Geo. Before that was also an exploration geo for 6 months in the Pilbara region looking for Iron Ore....so, well used to drill rig management (RC/Diamond Drill), drill design, target generation, ore blocking (wireframing with Minesight/Vulcan)....

Advertisement