Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electronic tag still on dress!

• 25-07-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Just got home and realised that the electronic tag was still on the dress I bought. No wonder I was setting off alarms in other shops! But the security staff never once stopped me.

Anyway, I was hoping to wear it tonight. Is there any way of getting it off easily without damaging the dress?

Yes, I do have the receipt and I could go back tomorrow to have it removed - but I would like to wear it this evening if anyone knows :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Any clothes shops nearby? That happened to my friend and she just went into a nearby one with the receipt, and explained the situation and they just took it off for her, no bother.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Any clothes shops nearby? That happened to my friend and she just went into a nearby one with the receipt, and explained the situation and they just took it off for her, no bother.

Try a tesco too!

If you're really desperate you could try opening the back of the bigger part o break it up and remove the securing magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

If you have a strong magnet you can use this to remove the tag. There's some videos on YouTube that show how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

If you're really desperate you could try opening the back of the bigger part o break it up and remove the securing magnet.

Careful of this!! :eek: A lot of security tags have an ink capsule inside that bursts open if the security tag is forcibly removed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

bscm wrote: »
    Careful of this!! :eek: A lot of security tags have an ink capsule inside that bursts open if the security tag is forcibly removed.

Sorry true. I had checked that the one I had didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Same thing happened to me. I brought it to my local Supervalu (Superquinn) and was able to use the device on their till that they use to remove the security tag from bottles of spirits.

I tried the youtube magnet trick and that didn't work. Tesco would probably be a safer bet as they sell clothes - though I would bring your receipt as proof of ownership as they might look at you very suspiciously otherwise!

Advertisement