Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly Online

• 25-07-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I completely forgot that this had been announced ages ago, but they've released a trailer that shows a bit of gameplay footage and announced that the original cast have been signed up for it.

PCGamer have a bit on it at the moment.

It looks like it'll be like Jagged Alliance Online, with turn based combat maps as opposed to being the usually Wow style MMORPG. And although graphically it doesn't look great, I'm enough of a fan of the series that I'm willing to wait and give it a chance.

Comments

Only watched the tv show for the fist time this year. This looks interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only thing that trailer makes me want to buy is Jayne's hat.

jayne_s_hat_2_by_violetmac_d4v841d.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Looks like a top down MMORPG ?

/confused

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ChalyIE

Any idea when it will be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

May give it a go but Star Citizen is what I envisage as the ideal firefly fan game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just pains me to see any Firefly based media that isn't a continuation of the series :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

First bit of pre-alpha footage here, showing a derelict ship. http://www.pcgamer.com/firefly-online-gets-first-footage/

It actually looks fine. Nice use of lighting. Hopefully there'll be more to it than just x-com style combat on various ship layouts. I do like the little description of how crewmates may hold a grudge against you.

Advertisement