Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Course

Options
  • 25-07-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone else on here starting the UCD Access Course in Arts and Human Sciences this September? Especially if you are doing the English Literature and History modules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Hey hdowney, I'm hoping to do the access to Arts and Human Sciences. Actually have a meeting with Thomond tomorrow.

Was just wondering, did you have your interview? How was it? What was the essay like?

I'm a bit nervous, want to know what I'm in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hi. Yep had my interview last month :)

The 'essay' was simple. Basically a couple paragraphs of why this Access course is right for you. Simple when you think about it.

Thomond is honestly lovely and puts you right at ease. She asks about your interests and stuff. Then depending on which topics you are going for she'll ask you things like what you are currently reading.

She wants to get a feel for you, your interest, if you have thought about what will be involved and are prepared for it, your progression plans etc, but it is in no way difficult.

What subjects are you hoping to do, and are you looking for the morning or evening classes?

Good Luck

Thanks for the info.

It all went fine, I am very excited about doing the course and interested in the subjects so it was easy, and it helped that Thomond is lovely.

I am going to be doing the evening classes, English Lit and Sociology.

How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Thomond is lovely which deffo helps. im doing morning classes English Lit and History :) Did you get your offer?

Yep got my offer and accepted.

Getting stuck into the reading now, lots to do :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement