Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many hours should you study a day in the LC

• 25-07-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

sup thanks for looking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Time differs for everybody. I might get done in 2 hours what you'll do in 40 minutes. I feel the best thing is to have a list of topics you want to study, and thats your target for the day, as opposed to a certain amount of time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you listen properly in class it cuts down the need to study quite a lot.
    After that it very much depends on the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

In boarding school we had to do 3.5hours everyday. That includes doing homework and a bitta procastination! When it came up to the exams most of us were doing around 5hrs. And during the exams it could have been 8hrs a day of serious cramming.

Here are the times for the normal study if you want a guidline:
    1st - 5.45 - 7.30
    2nd - 8.15 - 10.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I do study after school from 4-6.15, and including homework it would give me like 1 hour to study, depending on the amount of homework and that's enough for me throughout most of the year.

During exam times, I obviously do more. But if you do the work as you go along, it will help you so much when you come to revise for the christmas/summer/mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

13 hours a day starting 2 days before your first exam should be enough if you pay attention in class.
    I mean why waste time studying all year... you are most likely going to forget it all anyway. Very inefficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Mario95 wrote: »
    13 hours a day starting 2 days before your first exam should be enough if you pay attention in class.
    I mean why waste time studying all year... you are most likely going to forget it all anyway. Very inefficient.

Even though I done this I don't agree with this guy at all :pac: I only started studying in the last 3 or 4 weeks and done about 9 hours a day, tbh I wish I started after easter and done about two a day, would of made my life soooooooo much easier but in fairness it is AMAZING how much you can study in learn in the last two weeks before lc, I covered the entire biology course apart from 3 chapters on unit 3

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

I did 4 hours a night including homework from September until the mocks, and then after that I'd just be studying all day but that's just because I was aiming for really high points. I was pretty burned out by the end of the exams though and found it impossible to study.

How many points do you need OP this is kind of important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

I studied 7 weeks before it. Got each subject done in a week. Did around 3 hours a night weekdays and around 8 the weekends.

Got 400 points. Only needed 320 for my course. Wasnt wasting my year studying for a joke of an exam.

Its an easy set of exams and most subjects are predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jhon boy

thanks for all the help i only need 5 C3 so should not be to bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Kadiv

I would start studying min 2 hours a max of 4 hours starting october. Don't rule out the exams from school, they are a good indicator of what you are actually going to get give or take a few points. I just finished the leaving cert this year so I hope that works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Usually 2/3 hours a night for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

The most crucial part OP is that you are doing every scrap of homework properly (not to a minimum standard) and revise properly for in class tests. This goes a long long way in reducing the amount of study you have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cggreene

0 hours. It didn't work for me and it wont work for you.

cggreene wrote: »
    0 hours. It didn't work for me and it wont work for you.

How many points did you get as a matter of intrest? I'm asking because I know a few people who only studied the night before and managed to get 350+

Badwulf wrote: »
    How many points did you get as a matter of intrest? I'm asking because I know a few people who only studied the night before and managed to get 350+

I'll tell you next week when I find out!

cggreene wrote: »
    I'll tell you next week when I find out!

Ya should be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

17 hours a day. The rest of the hours in the should be used to do charity work. It's the only way to get into college.

Badwulf wrote: »
    Ya should be fine :)

lol. It depends if I passed HL maths or not! If I do pass it, I should get ,my first choice. How are you doing, are you done school, in college or done with all that?

Advertisement