Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus/coach driver salary

Options
  • 25-07-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all.
    Is there any bus/coach driver who can tell how much does he/she earn?
    Bus Eireann
    Aircoach
    matthews
    Etc.
    I have seen some of the mentioned companies are looking for drivers but did not provide salaries informations.
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Ring them and ask them . (The companies not the drivers ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ie.wojtek

I asked drivers because they know reality. Companies put sometimes wage on add but forgot to mention you'll get it after someone else will leave the job and you are in queue on waiting list to get better paid position. Just like it is in Dublin Bus. I found out thanks to this forum that the drivers have to wait for many years until they pop in on full wage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Ring them and ask them . (The companies not the drivers ;) ).

Hello, how much do you pay your drivers?
    MYOB:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

ie.wojtek wrote: »
    I asked drivers because they know reality. Companies put sometimes wage on add but forgot to mention you'll get it after someone else will leave the job and you are in queue on waiting list to get better paid position. Just like it is in Dublin Bus. I found out thanks to this forum that the drivers have to wait for many years until they pop in on full wage

Wojtek,I think you may have misunderstood the situation with Dublin Bus.

The Wage information is freely available on the Human Resources page advertising the vacancies.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/human-resources/
    You will be employed to operate scheduled services covering late shifts on a 4-day week from Thursday to Monday with the opportunity to progress to a 5-day week with rotating shifts.

Salaries begin at €565.95 per week (4-day week inclusive of shift), increasing to €769.74 (5-day week inclusive of shift).

The starting wage is paid from the monent you are allocated to a garage,with a Training Allowance paid during the Training Centre phase.

Wage scales of themselves are relatively common across many working environments,with the Dublin Bus Drivers former 4 year scale one of the shorter,for example,I have worked in positions carrying a 12 year scale from bottom to top.

There is NO requirement to wait for Staff to vacate a position before taking up the full paid position.

The only aspect which may be causing Wojtek confusion is the Wage Scale for new entrants which is a 6 year scale as opposed to a 4 year scale formerly in place.

This lengthening of the Wage Scale is part of the Company's Cost Reduction Plan agreed in 2013.

It should also be noted that as part of that CR Plan, there is a commitment to "meaningfully review" those Pay rates after 3 years. (2016)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ie.wojtek

AlekSmart mamy thanks for this reply.
    I browsed other topics and read bus drivers opinions.
    Based on them I found that new driver wouldn't be able to get full time 5 days position unless someone left the company and release full time position...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Hello, how much do you pay your drivers?
    MYOB:D

Its a standard question when you go looking for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

ie.wojtek wrote: »
    AlekSmart mamy thanks for this reply.
    I browsed other topics and read bus drivers opinions.
    Based on them I found that new driver wouldn't be able to get full time 5 days position unless someone left the company and release full time position...

That is one interpretation and perfectly valid to apoint.

However,bear in mind that the new drivers are FULL TIME probationary employees on a specific contract which covers their hours of work,in this case mainly (though not exclusively) Late duties from Thurs to Sunday/Fri to Monday inclusive.

So be very clear,the new BAC Driver is NOT temporary,seasonal or on-call,and following successful completion of the standard 12 month probationary period,will be appointed to the Staff Grade.

Moving onto differing rotas has always been a contentious issue in Public Transport worldwide,even back to the days of the DUTC !

However,movement does occur as staff resign,retire,or die in service and this methodology works well,with only the reduction in fleet numbers and general services causing the current slow rate of progress.

In reality,the REAL issue is service levels,with our current norms of 20-30 minute Off Peak headways,in my opinion,being virtually unmarketable in modern Public Transport terms.

Increasing frequency,coupled with Off-Peak Low-Fare promotions now easily possible via Leapcard,really needs to be introduced rapidly,if the Private car is not to regain it's primacy in Dublin ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

What are the average hours for a school bus driver working for a private company??!

Advertisement