Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to copy a CD/DVD?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does anyone know where I can get copies made of my wedding DVD in Letterkenny?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

kerrycan wrote: »
    Thanks

Hi Could you not copy them yourself on your computer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 grols

using recording software for copying CD/DVD drives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Thanks

Easy to do on any computer from at least the last the 5 years if not 10, if you can post on here you can download free software to do it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

If whoever made the DVD is anyway professional chances are it'll have some DRM encryption on it to prevent this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kerrycan

Thanks for the replies, so would I just search on google for free software for copying DVD's? I'm not much good with technology!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 grols

You can try Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE
    Its very simple
    You can see a video tutorial on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kerrycan

Thanks, I'll get some blank DVD's and give it a try

guttenberg wrote: »
    If whoever made the DVD is anyway professional chances are it'll have some DRM encryption on it to prevent this.

So easy to bypass that! I only use macs bit Mactheripper and Handbrake rip any encrypted discs, but wedding discs are rarely if ever (too expensive to) encrypted so its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Thanks, I'll get some blank DVD's and give it a try

Hi I am not to sure but they might have to be cd +rw

Maybe somebody could advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

lulu1 wrote: »
    Hi I am not to sure but they might have to be cd +rw

Maybe somebody could advise

CD-RW cannot play video footage in a DVD player.

At minimum, you need a DVD-R disks to write to, very common and cheap. DVD-RW disks are only needed if you ever wish to overwrite the footage and can be a tad more expensive.

• Advertisement

PM me for advise if you like OP, Ive worked in video for the last 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

guttenberg wrote: »

Considering the cost of a CSS master key and the completely facile process to break it I'd lay money that not only is this one not encrypted, no wedding DVD made in Ireland ever *has* been encrypted.

"encrypted" DVDs can be copied just as easily as non-encrypted ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

CD-RW cannot play video footage in a DVD player.

At minimum, you need a DVD-R disks to write to, very common and cheap. DVD-RW disks are only needed if you ever wish to overwrite the footage and can be a tad more expensive.

Depends on your DVD player, if it plays VCD then chances are it'll play a RW VCD.

Takes me back to the days when I'd watch half way through a film and have to change the disc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aesplin

Use AppGeeker dvd copy. it should work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Flibbles wrote: »
    Depends on your DVD player, if it plays VCD then chances are it'll play a RW VCD.

Takes me back to the days when I'd watch half way through a film and have to change the disc!

In fairness though if you are gonna do it you might as well do it right.

DVD-R are by far the best choice as they are the most widely used and also cheap.

DVD+R are slightly more tempormental though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

danniemcq wrote: »
    In fairness though if you are gonna do it you might as well do it right.

DVD-R are by far the best choice as they are the most widely used and also cheap.

DVD+R are slightly more tempormental though

Oh of course, now that DVD writers aren't insanely priced like they were at the start, DVD is the way to go.

Advertisement