Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI-Week 21-Weekend 25-27 July

• 25-07-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, July 25, 2014

8.p.m. Bohemians v Cork City Dalymount Park Live on Setanta
    8 p.m. Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United Tallaght Stadium

Saturday July 26, 2014
    7:45 p.m. Athlone Town v St. Patrick's Ath Athlone Town Stadium

Sunday, July 27, 2014
    5 p.m. U.C.D v Derry City The UCD Bowl
    7 p.m. Sligo Rovers v Limerick FC The Showgrounds
    7 p.m. Dundalk v Bray Wanderers Oriel Park

First Division
    Friday, July 25, 2014
    7:45 p.m.
    Galway FC v Cobh Ramblers Eamonn Deacy Park
    8 p.m. Shelbourne v Finn Harps Tolka Park
    8 p.m. Wexford Youths v Shamrock Rovers B Ferrycarrig Park

Saturday, July 26, 2014
    7:30 p.m.
    Longford Town v Waterford United City Calling Stadium

Gonna be a tough game for us in Athlone with the injuries we have. Possibly gonna have all our first choice defenders out aswell as Forrester and Brennan and Fahey is definitely out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Nothing less than 3points will do for Shels tonight. Need to keep the pressure on Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

drogheda 1 up in tallaght sounded like a right farce, from ET: "This was probably not expected but never take anything for granted in football. Daire Doyle took a long throw from the right, Robert Bayly could only head it in the direction of Gavan Holohan, who controlled it on his chest before his volley from about 8 yards out came back off the crossbar and went in after coming back off Barry Murphy."

on my way up there now for 2nd half hopefully we can turn it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What happened the bohs lad? is he ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

dreamers75 wrote: »

He's ok according to Mark McCadden.
    Mark McCadden ‏@markmccadden
    @rossi3234 landed on head/neck, 9 mins treatment on pitch, put in a neck brace & taken to ambulance on body board. He's alert & talking now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It was Brian Lenihan from Cork. Conscious now and being treated in the Mater. Hopefully no lasting damage, it was a very serious fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

It was a Cork player taken to hospital.

Slightly overshadowed what was a very good performance and win for Bohs. First home win of the season madly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Get well soon young man

Youths made hard work of a 2-0 win against a spirited and improved Rovers B side. If we had been more clinical with our finishing, it could have been 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

dan1895 wrote: »
    Nothing less than 3points will do for Shels tonight. Need to keep the pressure on Longford.
    ah we have lost 1 in 11 now so wouldnt take it too bad.... that was longford unfortunately for you though. if we had a midfield to give our forwards some decent ball we would be right up with you. only 3 wins in that run of 11.

sounds nasty for that cork lad. hope hes alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Another fcuking disgraceful home performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anncoates wrote: »

Dont go onto twitter....... WOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bohs first league home win in nearly a year!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Worst performance of the season tonight against Bohs. Fully deserved from Bohs, they were at it from the first whistle and we just never got going. 4-4-2 just doesn't work for us and Caulfield made a mistake with that tonight. Dunleavy in midfield was a disaster and he should never play there again.

Caulfield confirmed after the game that Lenihan was conscious in hospital and doing ok, so that's very good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

anncoates wrote: »

When Kelly and Bayly were signed, everyone assumed they'd be two of the three to sit on the A team bench and play for the B team... Not to be starting. Such favouritism running through that squad with players who've played under/with Croly even last season.

Three months of his contract left, I'd imagine Fenlon is already lined up. Hopefully the "naysayer" on the board has been silenced by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sligo, Dundalk, Cork, Derry, Limerick, Drogheda, Bohs and Athlone. Only two wins and FOUR goals (two in injury time) out of those 8 home games.
    Ebbs wrote: »
    Three months of his contract left, I'd imagine Fenlon is already lined up. Hopefully the "naysayer" on the board has been silenced by now.

You'd hope so, but I'm not confident...

Corholio wrote: »
    Worst performance of the season tonight against Bohs. Fully deserved from Bohs, they were at it from the first whistle and we just never got going. 4-4-2 just doesn't work for us and Caulfield made a mistake with that tonight. Dunleavy in midfield was a disaster and he should never play there again.

4-4-2 was very much the wrong move from Caulfield I think.

It wasn't an out and out 4-4-2 because O'Sullivan dropped deep, a lot, though he never really looked very comfortable doing so. Obviously missing Buckley and Morrissey contributed, but I would've thought O'Leary would start?

Not sure about Morrison on the wing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

oldyouth wrote: »
    Youths made hard work of a 2-0 win against a spirited and improved Rovers B side. If we had been more clinical with our finishing, it could have been 5

What a prospect Andy Mulligan is though. If he gets the ball at his feet with a bit of space, he's so dangerous. Can't believe Bohs let him go to us.

Current distance travelled following the Youths in 2014 - 6,392km over 19 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Brutal performance from City but thats not too take away from Bohs, they played great.

Absolute war outside Dalymount after the game. Came out of the away enterance and there was City and Bohs fans, about 10 on each side going toe to toe. There was only two Guards just watching them going at it for about 2 minutes until backup arrived. Very slow and unorganized I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

CHealy wrote: »
    Brutal performance from City but thats not too take away from Bohs, they played great.

Absolute war outside Dalymount after the game. Came out of the away enterance and there was City and Bohs fans, about 10 on each side going toe to toe. There was only two Guards just watching them going at it for about 2 minutes until backup arrived. Very slow and unorganized I thought.

Was wondering why all the garda were flying up there.

Easily our best performance of the season, dominated from start to finish.

Time to push on now.

Hopefully Lenihan will recover well. I was sitting right in front of it and it was pretty horrible.

• Advertisement

What a prospect Andy Mulligan is though. If he gets the ball at his feet with a bit of space, he's so dangerous. Can't believe Bohs let him go to us.

I was disappointed to see him go, he's an exciting player to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I was disappointed to see him go, he's an exciting player to watch.

Given our history of wingers, exciting is a polite word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Chuffed to bits with that 2-0 and could have been even more for Bohs had the Cork keeper not pulled off a miraculous double save at the death. Thought City's fans travelled well tonight and added a good sense of atmosphere and occasion to the match. Great to get our first home win since September 2013!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A doctor ran on to the pitch and came to the aid of Lenihan as did Derek Pender who put him in the recovery position and Josh O'Shea who ran over too. Like lighting. Not sure if the doctor hopped the hoarding as he saw the problem but he seemed to have a match programme in is back pocket. Absolute madness! The John's Ambulance people seemed to be really slow and unorganised. God forbid if it was anything more serious. I really think, for the sake of the players, that health and safety at matches is increased!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

CHealy wrote: »

Yeah I live just beside it and could see all out my front window,the amount of cops that came afterwards was crazy,reckon half the northsides force was there and driving around for a half hour after it all happened! A good bit after the match ended there was still a few of the bohs lads came back and were hangin around,they jumped into taxi's and left then but there was too many for one taxi so two had to stay and wait for another taxi,they looked to be ****ting themselves at that point,and got off the railings they were leaning against and ran when they seen a mini bus approaching! Was laughin my arse off at them!

We win tomorrow night we go 6 clear after shels only drawing tonight, c'mon the town...

Dont go onto twitter....... WOW!!!

Will have a look now over breakfast . Couldn't face it last night after watching that tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BOHtox wrote: »
    A doctor ran on to the pitch and came to the aid of Lenihan as did Derek Pender who put him in the recovery position and Josh O'Shea who ran over too. Like lighting. Not sure if the doctor hopped the hoarding as he saw the problem but he seemed to have a match programme in is back pocket. Absolute madness! The John's Ambulance people seemed to be really slow and unorganised. God forbid if it was anything more serious. I really think, for the sake of the players, that health and safety at matches is increased!

Have to agree, the players and a lot of the people where I was, were getting really pissed at the amount of time it was taking to get him on the stretcher and for the ambulance to get there.

The doc ran on in the first half for beattie too. The weird thing was, it wasn't a dirty game.

Ebbs wrote: »
    I'd imagine Fenlon is already lined up..

For us or Pats?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Current distance travelled following the Youths in 2014 - 6,392km over 19 games

I really liked mulligan, but his final ball isn't great, and not a great shot on him, similar to Karl Moore I think. Hope he does well for yous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

simonw wrote: »
    I really liked mulligan, but his final ball isn't great, and not a great shot on him, similar to Karl Moore I think. Hope he does well for yous.

Ah it wasn't teeeeeerrrrrriiiibbbbllleeee. He was the one who put the corner in for Dave Mulcahy when he scored against Rovers last year I think it was. I rate him highly as a prospect. Really think he could make a very tidy LOI player and with a bit of luck he could go to England/Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Brian Lenihan is okay apparently, should be available for selection in the next 2 weeks. Very glad to hear it.

link for McCarrons 25 yard strike at the weekend. great shot, well worth a look.

havnt seen the shelsTV video yet so no youtube link to embed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

overshoot wrote: »
    link for McCarrons 25 yard strike at the weekend. great shot, well worth a look.

havnt seen the shelsTV video yet so no youtube link to embed.
    Why did he celebrate in such a spiteful manner?

What was spiteful about that? Looked to be a reaction to some jeering he might have been getting previously

• Advertisement

What was spiteful about that? Looked to be a reaction to some jeering he might have been getting previously

He ran up to the fans cupping his ears when nobody even knew who he was.

No rivalry between Shels and Harps, no history between the club and the player (wasn't even aware of his existence before the game) and no incidents of note with him earlier in the game.

The clap is clearly just a bit soft in the head.

Some goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

2 big points dropped for us unfortunately.

And considering it was his first goal of the season and being a striker you would think he would be celebrating his goal rather than winding up the opposition fans. Minnowism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Clean as a whistle.

CSF wrote: »
    He ran up to the fans cupping his ears when nobody even knew who he was.

And you that that is spiteful???????

• Advertisement

And you that that is spiteful???????

I dunno if that's the right word but yeah it's pretty ridiculous.

CSF wrote: »

The clap is clearly just a bit soft in the head.

yep hes the spiteful one...

and re the minnowism quote, hes missed most of the season with injuries quite difficult to score from the treatment table.

yep hes the spiteful one...

and re the minnowism quote, hes missed most of the season with injuries quite difficult to score from the treatment table.
    Point still stands, whats he doing running over and cupping his ears to the Shels fans who have done absolutely nothing on him? Should have been booked for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

5-1 for us tonight, could have been 7 or 8 and we didnt even have to get out of 2nd gear

Our GD is nearly worth a point at this stage over everyone, Friday Cork away is massive now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

5-1 for us tonight, could have been 7 or 8 and we didnt even have to get out of 2nd gear

Our GD is nearly worth a point at this stage over everyone, Friday Cork away is massive now

We need to win that or we are out of the race imo. Lose and we are 6 behind with far inferior goal difference and must travel to Oriel last day.

I think Setanta are going covering it. Hopefully a full house and a home win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

34 goals scored in our eleven home matches now. That's over three goals a game. Only seven conceded as well. We are the entertainers. Our attacking options are unreal. Last night we played Towell, Higgins, Byrne, Meenan, Horgan and Hoban as our front six. Out of those six only Higgins didn't bomb forward. Added to that Gannon and Massey regularly getting forward and it becomes a bit overwhelming for the opposition.

Byrne's second goal last night was special. Check it out this evening on MNS. He probably had his best game for us last night. Great touch, got stuck in, excellent crossfield balls and two goals. A draw next week in Cork and this league is over. No doubt about it. Should be a cracker of a game.

Advertisement