Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2-bed apartment - comes with 1 car space

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We rent an apartment to student who didnt want to pay for the parking space also so we let the space to another person in the building. Problem is now they arent paying...Its pretty difficult, unlike a house/apt (debatable), to stop people using a carpark space they are not paying for. Next time I think the space will just be included and if they dont want it, they pay for it anyway.

Get them clamped or buy one yourself and make them pay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The apartment's abroad, we're looking into getting one of those dropable pole things installed but have to clear it with the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭poker--addict

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/property/commercial-property/parking-mad-three-parking-spaces-in-mayfair-on-the-market-for-255000/8554.article
    Priced at £85,000 each, the spaces have a 105 to 110-year lease.

Shirley Humphrey, director at Harrods Estates, said: “Finding a secure and safe location to park your car in Mayfair is a rare find due to lack of space, so for those living in Mayfair, these are an ideal solution.

“Each space has between 105-110 year leases, meaning that if you owned it for the duration, parking would equate to just £2.30 on average per day, and with parking spaces becoming increasingly more desirable, these spaces are a good long term investment.”

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

What's the yield on the parking space...that tells you whether it's worth buying or not.

I have a parking space rented in London (not in mayfair) and while it brings in a tidy sum, its not worth paying 85k to buy one to rent out.

Mine came with an apartment and I just rent it separate to the apartment, so its a bit of extra income.
    A company has been renting it for their staff for the last 5 years. And before that another guy had it for a few years.
    One good thing is that there is no maintenance on it, like a house though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Dredd_J wrote: »
    I have a parking space rented in London (not in mayfair) and while it brings in a tidy sum, its not worth paying 85k to buy one to rent out.

Mine came with an apartment and I just rent it separate to the apartment, so its a bit of extra income.
    A company has been renting it for their staff for the last 5 years. And before that another guy had it for a few years.
    One good thing is that there is no maintenance on it, like a house though

Oh definitely agree with you. If you're making 6% on it happy days. If you're making 2% you'd probably be better of putting the 80k on deposit

Advertisement