Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George Day

Options
  • 25-07-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Well, what do we all fancy?
    Is Romsdal a tad overpriced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I've backed Eagle Top and Trading Leather earlier in the week. He took a while to be wound up but was very taken with the formers Royal Ascot win and there should be serious improvement in him. Can't be having Telescope at the price regardless of how impressive he was last time, he still has to prove he's group 1 material so no value in 9/4 or 11/4. Can't be having the filly, at her price, against the boys until she goes and proves it. Massively impressive in Oaks but form still to be proven and Buick seems bullish about taken her on with Eagle Top. Have lost faith in Magician and not sure he's as good as I once thought. His one win over tomorrow's distance was on a road in America when he got an inspired ride from Moore and The Fugue got an equally poor ride from Buick. Not sure he wants 1m4. Mukadram won't get an easy lead this time with Leitir Mor, Romsdal and Trading Leather all set to be prominent. While Bolgers horse struggles to win, this is his trip, he's ultra consistent at this level and could be the outsider to take advantage if the two market leaders flatter to deceive like a think they may. Eagle Top the main bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd backed Eagle Top at Ascot but he's only 4/1 and by your logic he's under priced! Best trees. Telescope has the form but ground against him and Magician. Filly doesn't want it soft either.

Trappy race. Small each way on Romsdal. Goodtthird in a good Derby and Hughes is great from the front and might be able to steal a place.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'd backed Eagle Top at Ascot but he's only 4/1 and by your logic he's under priced! Best trees. Telescope has the form but ground against him and Magician. Filly doesn't want it soft either.

Trappy race. Small each way on Romsdal. Goodtthird in a good Derby and Hughes is great from the front and might be able to steal a place.

Backed him and Trading Leather both @ 10/1 last weekend so happy enough with that. ET may not have beaten much but he was raw as you like in that race and will have learned a bundle from it. Was more the way that he won it, despite the greeness, for me. How does Telescope have the form? He won in style but hardly any world beaters behind him lto. Magician if anything has the best form in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ryan Moore is going to need a Telescope to see Eagle Top's arse crossing the line.

Yeah.
    Probably should have said best performance coming into the race. Stoute always rated him very highly. Wasn't he Derby favourite. Means nothing I know.

• Advertisement

King Torus in the International - good e/w bet i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Lay telescope all day!!!!

Lay telescope all day!!!!

Don't know if I'd lay him as could well be very good getting his conditions today but no way should a horse yet to win a Grp1 be such a short fav in a race like today's with multiple grp1 winners in it. Definitely not a bet!

Was that interview the most awkward ever seen? Lol

Well got that wrong. Very very impressive.

• Advertisement

Good filly alright.

Eagle Top was too far back he stayed on well but never getting to the winner.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Eagle Top was too far back he stayed on well but never getting to the winner.

Didn't help him but clear he's still learning on the job. Still can't believe how good the filly was, worth even more than the winning distance. Think she'd beat Australia tbh.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Didn't help him but clear he's still learning on the job. Still can't believe how good the filly was, worth even more than the winning distance. Think she'd beat Australia tbh.

I still think Eagle top is class i hope he goes for the St Ledger.

Looks like Sea the Stars is going to have two of his kids near the top of the market in the ARC that is unreal.

We'll never know how good Australia can be i reckon.
    Not sure of AOB's plans but will we see him outside of Ireland again?

Eclipse was mooted, will he go though?

We'll never know how good Australia can be i reckon.
    Not sure of AOB's plans but will we see him outside of Ireland again?

Eclipse was mooted, will he go though?

He'll have to run him in the Juddamonte surely. He's had a nice break now and that would set him up perfectly time-wise for Irish Champion Stakes. Hard to know what they'll do after that as can't see them risking him in America or the Arc which i don't think would suit anyway.

You're right though, looking at the market for both races there doesn't seem to be much to test him bar maybe Mukadram, unless Taghrooda shows up which looks highly unlikely.

Juddmonte, not Eclipse. Sorry.

Just noticed Australia is evens for the Irish Champion.
    He'll be a 1/4 shot on the day.

Just noticed Australia is evens for the Irish Champion.
    He'll be a 1/4 shot on the day.

Yea, definitely. They'll obviously only run a couple of Ballydoyle hounds with him and the hype will scare the rest off.

Advertisement