Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do ye think of this?

• 25-07-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Don't know much about them.
    Open to offers - should i take it or leave it?

Its actually miles not kms...
    www dot
    swords.olx.ie/yamaha-dragstar-125-cc-discounted-for-quick-sale-iid-679149800

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Let me fix that for you

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Expensive

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭phatony

bladespin wrote: »
    Expensive

So what is its fair value - advertised elsewhere as Or Nearest Offer and as they say must be gone soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

phatony wrote: »
    So what is its fair value - advertised elsewhere as Or Nearest Offer and as they say must be gone soon.

Hard to know but that's a 13 year old 125 that apparently done less than 722 miles per year, approach with extreme caution and a padlock on your wallet IMHO.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Hard to know but that's a 13 year old 125 that apparently done less than 722 miles per year, approach with extreme caution and a padlock on your wallet IMHO.

Been told that owner died, and had bus pass for many of those years and worked on bus route (death cert, and proof of place of work available)- only used on a daily basis for a couple of those years (i.e before retirement age - used pass until age 72 to work ). Seems above board, but on original chain, socket, tyres, forks etc. No major rust but little bits of tarnish on chrome surface here and there, small dent and a few small scratches.

If authentic, what do ye reckon is fair value in current market?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Been told that owner died, and had bus pass for many of those years and worked on bus route (death cert, and proof of place of work available)- only used on a daily basis for a couple of those years (i.e before retirement age - used pass until age 72 to work ). Seems above board, but on original chain, socket, tyres, forks etc. No major rust but little bits of tarnish on chrome surface here and there, small dent and a few small scratches.

If authentic, what do ye reckon is fair value in current market?

Probably has the original oil in it as well. Run Forest RUN !!!

KTRIC wrote: »
    Probably has the original oil in it as well. Run Forest RUN !!!

But say i get there and it runs ok. Owner was a mechanic and apparantly it was serviced.
    If all these things really true, whats it worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

But say i get there and it runs ok. Owner was a mechanic and apparantly it was serviced.
    If all these things really true, whats it worth?

To be honest I've heard this before so many times buying second hand bikes and it means nothing and is usually lies.

KTRIC wrote: »
    To be honest I've heard this before so many times buying second hand bikes and it means nothing and is usually lies.

Well if there is paper evidence to back it all up, what is a reasonable offer, and what is max money for it?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Will this be your first bike?
    Don't bother getting a 125 unless you're on an A1 licence.
    You would get bored of it within a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Will this be your first bike?
    Don't bother getting a 125 unless you're on an A1 licence.
    You would get bored of it within a couple of weeks.

Actually will be starting out as a beginner....so whats it worth?

Actually will be starting out as a beginner....so whats it worth?

I think it's worth less than a grand anyways.

You would need to see it in the cold light of day. Pictures can be very deceiving. Preferably bring someone that knows something about bikes.

If you're a beginner and you like the cruiser style, I would suggest you up your budget and get a 650-750cc cruiser. They're forgiving bikes and are easy to ride so don't worry about the cc.

A 125 isn't worth buying unless it's very cheap. You would get sick of the lack of power in less than a month.

You would need to see it in the cold light of day. Pictures can be very deceiving. Preferably bring someone that knows something about bikes.

If you're a beginner and you like the cruiser style, I would suggest you up your budget and get a 650-750cc cruiser. They're forgiving bikes and are easy to ride so don't worry about the cc.

A 125 isn't worth buying unless it's very cheap. You would get sick of the lack of power in less than a month.

Like 400 if in good condition?

Like 400 if in good condition?

Proabably worth a bit more than that IF in good condition. I'm just guessing really. Someone more experienced would be more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

i had the xvs dragstar 125 myself.the same model....

and dont get me wrong... i had a lot of fun with it... its not weak or bad.. for starting bike its a nice yoke.. it eats very little petrol.. its big enough.. people wont know that its 125cc untill you start it.. its a V twin.. :) not a fake cylinder like similar models from diff makes...

for cruising around 80km/h its perfect!! it can go 100 ... but i say 80 its the best... and 800-900e aint bad for good dragstar... and its so comfy.. that you can go and go... you just lay down and smile... defo a not a bad starting bike... but its not for speed.. this bike is for joy and relax... :) and one more thing.. on lights it will pull faster then most of any cars untill 50km/h so traffic or city is not bad for the yoke...

I like that bike... hassle free... i would rate it any day 9/10

mine back then

20120813_194542_zps44eed413.jpg

if you wanna know more about the xvs... dont hesitate.. and 800 or 900e for the bike is what i would pay max for it... if in decent condition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Bikerguy wrote: »
    if you wanna know more about the xvs... dont hesitate.. and 800 or 900e for the bike is what i would pay max for it... if in decent condition...

To add to the above....being on original chain etc is NOT what I would consider decent condition. And Tyres... yeah, 13 year old tyres would be fooked by now. No matter how little it's driven, rubber can easily develop a flat spot from just sitting there.

To add to the above....being on original chain etc is NOT what I would consider decent condition. And Tyres... yeah, 13 year old tyres would be fooked by now. No matter how little it's driven, rubber can easily develop a flat spot from just sitting there.

sorry i didnt mean to talk about the 13y old yoke without service. and i dont think that would be even possible. the chain / tyres must be rotten. i ment for similar bike in decent condition... didnt explain myself well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Bikerguy wrote: »
    sorry i didnt mean to talk about the 13y old yoke without service. and i dont think that would be even possible. the chain / tyres must be rotten. i ment for similar bike in decent condition... didnt explain myself well

Ah you explained it well enough :) I just want to make sure the OP actually looks at these bits :pac: From my own experience I tend to overlook simple but crucial things because I fall in love quickly with bikes :D

Ah you explained it well enough :) I just want to make sure the OP actually looks at these bits :pac: From my own experience I tend to overlook simple but crucial things because I fall in love quickly with bikes :D

Ok thanks, so we have a top value for the range.

Now lets say it needs tyres, chain/sprocket pair, a complete service including brakes and brake fluid, forks not great, few scratches and a dent, maybe rust on trailing arm, what is reasonable bottom end offer - 300?

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, so we have a top value for the range.

Now lets say it needs tyres, chain/sprocket pair, a complete service including brakes and brake fluid, forks not great, few scratches and a dent, maybe rust on trailing arm, what is reasonable bottom end offer - 300?

I will say it clear and loud. Stay away from that bike... lack of service is the worsest that bike can suffer from. There are plenty of xvs out there mate. The bike is bullet proof but it need to be serviced reguraly. So find another one with at least some service done.

xvs is great bike you will be happy.. but not the one that didnt see oil or garage for 13y.

And take that as friendly advice...i had few bikes and i can tell that going into deep water not knowing how to swim is deadly... end

Advertisement