Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autoelectrical codes/standards

• 25-07-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I work with a software company working with vehicle telemetry.
    Is there an automotive electrical code/rule book similar to the ECTI rules for other electrical installations.

Cheers,
    OneBarrel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

No standard but if you want it certified it comes under electrical equipment certification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

OneBarrel wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there an automotive electrical code/rule book similar to the ECTI rules for other electrical installations.

Cheers,
    OneBarrel

Each oem will have their own standards which they will work to. Although some of the emc guidelines are becoming harmonised in Europe.

You should be able to find bmw/Volvo/ford etc spec on the internet. If it's a wiring related issue, look at how the likes of BMW solve that problem. As a colleague once said to my boss if it's good enough for BMW is good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

OneBarrel wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,
    OneBarrel

Have a look through the ECE rules. Anything set down by the EU will be in there.

Advertisement