Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death on my mind

Options
  • 25-07-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how I might stop it....
    my former work colleagues (& friend, although we have not spent much time together in recent years) father passed away very suddenly last Halloween.I have very little contact with this person, 1-2 texts a month a most, (she simply doesn't respond).
    When I got the news I got a huge shock, I went to the wake and funeral. Since that time I have struggled to stop thinking about it, her sense of loss, how hard it must be etc....
    My own father has had heart attacks, cancer over the last 15 years and survived, something for which I have always been so aware of being grateful for and of being lucky. But it has been the biggest fear in my life for this time.

I need to not have this on my mind so often, I have 1-2 dreams a week too about losing my mother lately. While Im generally happy and busy Im fighting to keep this out of my mind too often.

Advertisement