Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jansport Backpacks

Options
  • 25-07-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi All

Looking to buy a jansport backpack for a child starting school in Sept. They're a great bag, last for years and really light.
    Have looked in the usual shops (online) - elverys, lifestyle, sportsworld, champion, none seem to stock them anymore.
    Anyone seen them in a shop recently?
    Many thanks
    purple cow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

purple cow wrote: »
    Hi All

Looking to buy a jansport backpack for a child starting school in Sept. They're a great bag, last for years and really light.
    Have looked in the usual shops (online) - elverys, lifestyle, sportsworld, champion, none seem to stock them anymore.
    Anyone seen them in a shop recently?
    Many thanks
    purple cow.

If you look in a bag store they might have them. I'm not too sure but I think there is a bag shop in Stephens green that stocks them. Or one on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Just a quick google and there is a place called bag city in the ilac centre which stock them. So if you're in Dublin you could pick one up there. No website as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

I bought one in Adamson's, in Dublin, a few years ago. Their website doesn't show JanSport bags, at present, but they have other quality brands.
    I see that JanSport have a dedicated outlet on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/JanSport/b/ref=brands_hsb_red?_encoding=UTF8&node=2594259011

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

As far as I know, Pat O'Farrells in Stillorgan stock them. In fact, I am heading there this afternoon to get one.
    I'll report back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

huskerdu wrote: »
    As far as I know, Pat O'Farrells in Stillorgan stock them. In fact, I am heading there this afternoon to get one.
    I'll report back.

Update. Pat O'Farrells in Stillorgan have about 40 in stock, and when they're gone, they're gone....

They told me that Jansport are no longer stocking shops in Europe, so they cant get more stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Try TK Maxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i was looking at this the other day, i was thinking of upgrading mine

http://mybag.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Jansport bags are very good but Sporthouse are just as good and they're made in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Bought sporthouse today as heard the same they are a good make & better yet they have a lifetime warranty on broken zips etc. €40 from schoolwear centre in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

I asked on Facebook yesterday but didn't get an answer yet -- does the label actually say they're manufactured in Ireland? How do they compare to Jansport? I've another one impending, so I'll be needing another bag, but only if it compares favourably and it's actually manufactured in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

daveohdave wrote: »
    I asked on Facebook yesterday but didn't get an answer yet -- does the label actually say they're manufactured in Ireland? How do they compare to Jansport? I've another one impending, so I'll be needing another bag, but only if it compares favourably and it's actually manufactured in Ireland.

My label says Sporthouse Ireland & address as Waterford. Web page say's it's Ireland. My lad is going into 3rd & told him it's to do him till 6th. Have to wait & see.

http://www.sporthouse.ie/main/page_home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've bought both Jansport and Sporthouse bags over the years and they're equally as good as each other. The zip on my son's Sporthouse bag ended up out of synch from typical teenage messing. I phoned up the Sporthouse factory to see if it could be fixed as the rest of the bag was in perfect condition.

Sporthouse is actually local to me in Waterford City so I dropped the bag in and collected it a couple of days later when it was ready. I was very impressed with their customer service, there wasn't any charge and the bag has been grand since.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

O' Neill's factory shop on the Long Mile Road had them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I ordered the Ollie II face one from Invicta. Their website is nightmare and delivery is quite expensive but they are good and also quite cool.
    m2VkbWcmCQjxXjaWiL59Thw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Seen loads of them in Easons in Maynooth maybe other Easons might have them too

Advertisement