Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension to house and jobs for architect

• 25-07-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So we intend to put an extension on the side of house in Limerick.
    This extension will require an rsj at kitchen because the extension will roll around from living room to meet kitchen and dining area.
    It will be single storey and approx 250sq feet.

I have been spooked by friends' stories of these going wrong when architect wasn't engaged therefore I have decided that I will be going with an architect.

My question is what jobs should I ask architects to quote on?
    I am aware that architects are skilled at many roles from advice on getting the most out of the extension, to design, planning permission to even managing the project for a fee.

The extension is simple I think, but I am not the expert here, there are other houses nearby with similar done, although I can't see inside.

What kind of budget should I set aside for these roles the architect will perform?

For what its worth, I had some builders look at it to get an idea of cost of the actual building and it ranges from 23k to 30k

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

go onto the RIAI website to get an idea of fees or ring some local architects to get prices as they will vary as it all depends on what you want them to do for you....

the cheapest guy is not always the best nor is the most expensive....get guys in that come recommended and go and look at the builders work.....

Advertisement