Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

win8 language mish-mash

• 26-07-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Is mish-mash a word?

Basically in Win8 I installed a german version and then changed language to English. Mostly worked. For some reason on the Metro UI the language is a mixture of German and English - and not actually in the apps themselves... see attached. I've been googling trying to find an answer - but so far no joy.

Grateful for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Well a few restarts later it fixed itself. No idea what went wrong.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ste wrote: »
    Well a few restarts later it fixed itself. No idea what went wrong.

The handling of additional languages has changed (and improved) in 8 over previous releases, so that if necessary the interface language can properly be changed. I've found that this sometimes requires a reboot or two to take full effect.

One thing to beware of is that the Windows Key + Space is a keyboard shortcut to switch between languages, so if you find your language selection has been changed, this may be the cause. To check the settings (including installed languages) go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language. You may be able to remove German completely from your system.

Advertisement