Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Commander V or Power Commander FC

• 26-07-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

I need to get the bike mapped to my exhausts. Low revs is poxy with flat spots all over the place.

Looking at the PCV is will do the job nicely.

But i see there is also a Fuel controller out also which is cheaper than the PCV.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/PCFC/powercommander_pcfc.aspx

Any thoughts on these lads?

From what i see it essentially has all the same capabilities for loading custom maps but just doesnt work with the other Dynojet accessories.

Or am i missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

No you aint missing anything. Thats a kinda different module. Looks to me like pc3 without the option to add the accessories. I would buy PC V then jump on dyno and do the custom map... no question about that. You may add later ignition module or so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah I will be doing the dyno and custom map. I was chatting to a lad in RPM about it today.

I think I could do that just fine with the fuel commander and not need to splash out on the pc5.

https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v/

265$ its a steal... even with Vat on the top... they would have one for your tdm... you just need to email them....

Bikerguy wrote: »
    https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v/

265$ its a steal... even with Vat on the top... they would have one for your tdm... you just need to email them....

I'm on a vstrom, not a tdm :-p

The actually have it in stock for my year Strom. Will order it later tonight

goodlad wrote: »
    I'm on a vstrom, not a tdm :-p

The actually have it in stock for my year Strom. Will order it later tonight

sorry i got mixed up.. ;) i know the motomummy company.. ;) they are extremly easy to deal with and deliver quick.. :) gl tho

• Advertisement

sorry i got mixed up.. ;) i know the motomummy company.. ;) they are extremly easy to deal with and deliver quick.. :) gl tho

All ordered. Only 30 dollars shipping

lets hope that the customs will not touch it... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I never knew a new exhaust would mean all this power commander lark. Are some cans just plug and play or will fitting a new can mean changing fuel settings and so on??

Its not always the case. Some exhausts will be fine with the stock fuel mapping.

My bike without the exhausts still had a lot if flat spots that was doing my head but. Since the exhaust change the issue is a bit worse.

Its something I could just get used to but can't be arsed getting uses to it. So I will head up to RPM once I get the power commander and get a custom map made for my bike.

Its not always the case. Some exhausts will be fine with the stock fuel mapping.

My bike without the exhausts still had a lot if flat spots that was doing my head but. Since the exhaust change the issue is a bit worse.

Its something I could just get used to but can't be arsed getting uses to it. So I will head up to RPM once I get the power commander and get a custom map made for my bike.

+1

you can even look to unrestrict the air intake and muffler if there is one in the header... just saying ...

and PC V will not only remove the flat spots but in many ocasions increase the fuel efficiency... :)

• Advertisement

Did you got it yet? Did the customs get the hands on it?

Did you got it yet? Did the customs get the hands on it?

Not yet, I should have it next week at some stage.

Also no need for a custom map. Found a map on Dynojet for my bike with my exhaust :D

Not trying to be smart.. but every map is differen as is every bike - altitude - humidity - engine.. etc. Even if you find your setup kinda map it may not be the correct one.. i did the same.. i loaded "my" map but i would not take the risk to run the engine to lean and destroy it... i went to rpm tp find that my map needed correction... just to be safe i would spend the money if i am you.

Yeah i know what you mean man. But the same can be said for the stock ecu map. That would also be set in a different climate.

If you wouldn't drive the bike on a dynojet map due to the factors you mention then you would also never drive any bike until a custom map was in it.

Stock bike is in general running way to rich.. you may not even need pc ib many ocassions if you install just slip ons... i know what you saying on other hand.. you may be lucky and get the map that suit you.. but you will never find if she is the perfect fit unless you let the bike run on dyno... but again you know what you doing...

Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

very silly to go to the expensive of a PC and not get it dyno'd imo. Bike might even run worse

usually different stock maps for various climates, and different fuels (higher oct etc)

Its booked into RPM next week to get a custom map.

Just going to use the dynojet map until then.

Ask ronan to give you 2 graphs.. before and after... i wanna see the difference. Cheers.

Its booked into RPM next week to get a custom map.

Just going to use the dynojet map until then.

btw did the customs get them hands on your package? did ya have to pay import tax?

Yup. 26 euro

• Advertisement

Yup. 26 euro

i am thinking to get hands on the pcv... so total was like 220e was it@?

220 for the pv5 and shipping. Then the import cost on top.

Advertisement