Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parking Ballina?

Options
  • 26-07-2014 1:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

what's the best spot to park your car for a few hours close to town centre midweek

looking for a car park, preferably free

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

The only car park that I know of that is 'free' is at Lidl's. Although it is only for 90 mins or 2 hours and you do have to be a customer. They occasionally have security checking at busier times.

There is plenty of roadside parking further out of the centre but you would have a short walk into town.

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mezuzaj

what's the best spot to park your car for a few hours close to town centre midweek

looking for a car park, preferably free

thanks

try up near the swimming pool behind the Cathedral. You can also try beside the cinema during the day. Both are not "close" to centre, but its only a 10min walk.

There is also a carpark behind Dillons, its a public one, but cheaper, not used much but new.

You could park also past dunnes out the belleek road.

Lidl is usually fine, but the odd time when they are busy they have security around monitoring cars,, but I have never seen the carpark full.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

mezuzaj wrote: »
    try up near the swimming pool behind the Cathedral. You can also try beside the cinema during the day. Both are not "close" to centre, but its only a 10min walk.

There is also a carpark behind Dillons, its a public one, but cheaper, not used much but new.

You could park also past dunnes out the belleek road.

Lidl is usually fine, but the odd time when they are busy they have security around monitoring cars,, but I have never seen the carpark full.

does lidl clamp cars

ill prob go in to buy something and be gone for an hour then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I think it only costs around 70cent an hour, surely it won't break the bank to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mezuzaj

toadfly wrote: »
    I think it only costs around 70cent an hour, surely it won't break the bank to pay?

70cent an hour is not much,... But if you wan a parking space near where you work in town during working hours it would add up to 112 euros a Month.

I never use paid parking in Ballina, either I park outside where its free and walk to park after hours when its free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

mezuzaj wrote: »
    70cent an hour is not much,... But if you wan a parking space near where you work in town during working hours it would add up to 112 euros a Month.

I never use paid parking in Ballina, either I park outside where its free and walk to park after hours when its free.

Yes definitely if it's being done all day everyday, you couldn't pay that but I got the impression from the OP it was a once off for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Can anyone recall a time when the council prosecuted someone for not paying a parking fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think there may be free parking down by Obair and the old FÁS office, don't recall seeing any parking meters down there.

Advertisement