Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Overheating

• 26-07-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

My iPhone 5 has been overheating badly for the last few days.

I haven't installed any new apps or anything unusual. I googled the problem and tried:
    - turning off location services
    - turning off icloud backup
    - restoring from icloud backup
    - restoring to factory settings
    - deleting apps
    - checking usage and diagnostics (all normal)

Nothing seems to have worked. It's fine (even while charging) as long as it isn't being used.
    As soon as I start using it - even for texts, within about 5 mins it starts to get seriously hot.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Would a battery replacement fix the issue?
    Any suggestions would be great, thanks :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 voxxxlll

Do you use the original charger? I had the same problem and it was because I didn't use an original charger

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

voxxxlll wrote: »
    Do you use the original charger? I had the same problem and it was because I didn't use an original charger

I do, yeah. It doesn't heat up while charging at all - only with use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Two things:

1. It's been much hotter than usual lately. Your hands are probably warmer, and holding a warm phone will warm it more, so it's catch 22.

2. If it gets too hot, it'll shut down and tell you it's too warm. Has it got to that stage yet? And have you noticed any increased battery drain?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

That's true about the heat - although I have poor circulation and the phone gets extremely hot - almost too hot to hold at times.
    It hasn't shut down or given a warning though - maybe it'll improve when the weather cools down a bit. This is Ireland though, an people in much hotter countries seem to be able to use the iPhone without any major overheating issues.

Advertisement