Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Island refund/exchange without receipt?

• 26-07-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I bought some things recently in the sale but have since lost the receipt, is it possible to get an exchange or even a refund on a gift card without the receipt? It's been about 2 weeks if that makes a difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

I have had 2 experiences of bringing back items to RI, both faulty goods, with receipt. One time involved 2 trips to a shop, and a call to their head office to get a refund. The 2nd time, a pair of sandals cracked the second time I wore them. Had to push for refund, they were trying to persuade me that selling me the faulty sandals at a reduced cost was a better deal. I no longer shop there because I couldn't ever face having to bring anything back :-) Have you checked t&c in their website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I tried in RI Liffey Valley about a month ago and no refund or exchange was allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Faulty items and they're kicking up at it? A quick quote of the oul Sales of Goods and Supplier of Services Act 1980 should put them in their place!

I've brought back jeans that I'd worn that had a crooked seam and they took them back and exchanged them no bother.

Might be dodgy returning sale stuff without a receipt but I suppose it's who you get. Some places take stuff back in exchange for store credit.

Advertisement