Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eStatement

Options
  • 26-07-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi BOI reps,

I have a current account. Why is this not generated automatically, e.g. every quarterly?

Is there an option in 365 to generate this automatically without the need to ring customer service?

Regards
    Kelly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi kellyin, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]To receive eStatements you must first have registered your mobile phone to receive security code text messages. When signed in to 365 online, go to Manage Accounts in the left hand menu, and then select the account you wish to receive eStatements. Once registered, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]you should be receiving eStatements at the same frequency as your paper statements. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Depending on the option you choose when signing up for eStatements you will receive a text or email message to confirm that your latest statement is available for viewing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to mention that it is currently not possible to receive eStatements for a credit card account. If you hold a joint account, both parties but complete the eStatement registration process.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please see this link for more information on signing up for eStatements.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Elaine[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyin

Hi there BOI reps,
    The estatement for my current account was enabled from the moment I signed up to ebanking.

However, the last time I received estatement was on 30/12/2012!

I am expecting to get the statement every month but it is not the case.

Can anyone assist please?

Regards
    Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

kellyin wrote: »
    Hi there BOI reps,
    The estatement for my current account was enabled from the moment I signed up to ebanking.

However, the last time I received estatement was on 30/12/2012!

I am expecting to get the statement every month but it is not the case.

Can anyone assist please?

Regards
    Kelly
    Hi Kelly, 

Thanks for your post. 

A Current Account statement frequency is usually monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or annually. We do not have access to account details so unfortunately cannot look into this for you here. If you would like to log on to Bank of Ireland 365 Online and send an 'Ask a Question' from your Online Service Desk, the representatives have account access and will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AlfaGTV76

Hi BOI
    I have a similar problem where BOI changed the estatement frequency to 12 months from 6 mouths without any notification. I queried this through the service and requested prior statements to be issued. They reverted to a 6 month frequency but declined to forward the missing statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

AlfaGTV76 wrote: »
    Hi BOI
    I have a similar problem where BOI changed the estatement frequency to 12 months from 6 mouths without any notification. I queried this through the service and requested prior statements to be issued. They reverted to a 6 month frequency but declined to forward the missing statements.
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

Thanks for getting in touch with us through Boards.

All statements going back to February 2012 should be available as e-statements on your 365 online profile. You can also request to change the frequency of your statements through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile.

I hope this is some help.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement

Hi BOI
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

All statements going back to February 2012 should be available as e-statements on your 365 online profile. You can also request to change the frequency of your statements through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Darren

Thanks for the reply but you have not answered my questions:

1. The frequency was changed from 6 months to 12 months without any prior notification or request. Why?
    2. As a result of the frequency change I have not received a 6 month statement which I now require. I asked for the missing statements to be issued but I am not getting a straight answer.
    3. If I order a statement via BOI365, will I be charged.

Please advise

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi BOI
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Darren

1. The frequency was changed from 6 months to 12 months without any prior notification or request. Why?
    2. As a result of the frequency change I have not received a 6 month statement which I now require. I asked for the missing statements to be issued but I am not getting a straight answer.

Please advise

Thanks
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry you feel that I haven't answered your question.

To clarify why the statement frequency has changed I would contact our customer service section either through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile or by calling directly on 0818 365 365 and any of the advisers there will be able to look through your account details to find why this was changed.  

All your statements including the 6 months that you have queried should be available in the e-statements section of your 365 online profile. I would check the statement date closest to the 6 months that you have queried and once you open the statement and scroll back through the PDF the dates should be available there.

Also if you order a duplicate statement through the post there is a charge of €3.40 for the first page and €2.50 for each page there after. But you would also have the option to print out historic statements directly from the e-statements section free of charge.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi BOI
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Darren

Please advise

Thanks
    Hi AlfaGTV76,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry you feel that I haven't answered your question.

To clarify why the statement frequency has changed I would contact our customer service section either through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile or by calling directly on 0818 365 365 and any of the advisers there will be able to look through your account details to find why this was changed.  

All your statements including the 6 months that you have queried should be available in the e-statements section of your 365 online profile. I would check the statement date closest to the 6 months that you have queried and once you open the statement and scroll back through the PDF the dates should be available there.

Also if you order a duplicate statement through the post there is a charge of €3.40 for the first page and €2.50 for each page there after. But you would also have the option to print out historic statements directly from the e-statements section free of charge.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Darren

The last estatement is dated Oct 2016 and per your advise an estatement dated May2017 should be available, however it is not.
    I have tried to resolve this issue with the BOI online service but again I'm not getting straight answers. I'm being advised that I need to pay for a statement that BOI should have supplied to me.

I'm not asking for a duplicate statement, I'm asking BOI to supply me with the statement they should have given me in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Darren

The last estatement is dated Oct 2016 and per your advise an estatement dated May2017 should be available, however it is not.
    I have tried to resolve this issue with the BOI online service but again I'm not getting straight answers. I'm being advised that I need to pay for a statement that BOI should have supplied to me.

I'm not asking for a duplicate statement, I'm asking BOI to supply me with the statement they should have given me in the first place.

A few years ago BOI sent out a little insert inside your bank statement asking for people to change over to Estatement.... this fell on its arse and face as the response from the public wasn't what the bank was expecting...
    Later some time they then decided everyone should be paperless and made it so you have to join B365 and use a tablet, go through the whole process of asking for your paper statement to continue to be delivered as normal..
    The bank paid over 20m in postage last year of our money, not theirs... so by putting us all on estatements they are making more and more money....
    will we see any of this money.... will we f...!

It is highly unlikely that BOI just made a snap decision regarding the statement frequency without some degree of forethought and due diligence. It would appear that BOI have taken the stance that any customers that do not receive estatements and subsequently require them will have to pay for them. It certainly is not a prime example of excellent customer service.
    The other strange point is that they were willing to revert back to the original frequency but will not honour previous commitments. 
    Also I'm only asking for an estatement, in accordance with my setup, but any responses relate to a printed statement and the associated cost. Either they don't understand my requests or they are looking to charge for additional services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

It is highly unlikely that BOI just made a snap decision regarding the statement frequency without some degree of forethought and due diligence. It would appear that BOI have taken the stance that any customers that do not receive estatements and subsequently require them will have to pay for them. It certainly is not a prime example of excellent customer service.
    The other strange point is that they were willing to revert back to the original frequency but will not honour previous commitments. 
    Also I'm only asking for an estatement, in accordance with my setup, but any responses relate to a printed statement and the associated cost. Either they don't understand my requests or they are looking to charge for additional services.

They changed the frequency cos of the postage, they had to upgrade their mailing machines so as more stats could go in each envolope to facilitate the different frequency....

I for one get a paper statement as it gives people jobs rather the bank make more profit from their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Darren

Hi AlfaGTB76,

It sounds like an up to date statement needs to be requested on your account. On the screen where your estatements are listed you should seen an option on right hand side of the screen 'Order up to date or paper statements' and 'View Options' will let you order an up to date statement. If you select this before 3.30pm on a working day, the statement will be ready to view online within 24 hours. The statement will run from the date of the last statement until close of business on the date you request it.

There is no charge to receive an up to date statement. Fees only apply if you request printed posted statements that are already available as an estatement online.

To check the statement frequency or change it, you can send an Ask a Question from Service Desk.

Please let me know if you need further help with this or anything else.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement