Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Clio NCT emissions fail

• 26-07-2014 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi, my 2000 1.2 Clio failed the nct today on a few things ( The bloddy handbrake cable snaped during the test) but the big one is the emissions, it failed the high idle co @ 0.58% above 0.30% = fail.

It got new oil and filter, air filter, spark plugs and fuel filter earlier in the week. It got a new cat last year for the nct at 155685 miles.

does anyone have any idea's as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Was it a spurious cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

cletus wrote: »
    Was it a spurious cat

Yeah it was a cheap universal one.

Just to add I drove it the 25km to the test centre in 4th gear at around 3-4k rpm, the next time I think ill go in third would this be ok or will my gearbox splode:eek: . The speed limit is 80kph and about 1km of 100kph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Spurious cats tend to have a very short lifespan. Good chance its gone again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bottle of Diptane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

cletus wrote: »
    Spurious cats tend to have a very short lifespan. Good chance its gone again

Thanks:), I got it looked at today and the cat is dead so I ordered another Spurious cat for €90. I think ill take it off after the retest and stick the bad one on until next year.
    Bottle of Diptane

Thanks:) I just got a bottle earlier so hopefully that will help bring things down as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

diptane takes too long catacleen cleans out crap and cleans lambda probe.
    http://reviews.halfords.com/4028/616247/reviews.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

diptane worked wonders for me :) had high enough emissions had a retest 4 days later and with just using diptane it passed no problem !! drive it hard on the way to the center FTW :)

Advertisement