Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Make A Set of Log Gates - Olde Worlde Style...

Options
  • 26-07-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Been a long-time project to get this ready and I'm NEARLY there.

The story so far:

It all started back in 2012 when I first arrived up at the mountains. I could see there was a perfect spot for a main gateway and a secondary one as well.

The private road was quite busy from time to time with traffic, some which would cheekily drive up the entranceway or nose about.

So with I set about getting a set of gates constructed.

This was no mean feat though as I had to use what materials were about to hand, and until 2014 didn't have access to a chainsaw unless I borrowed a friends!

So I hammered, sawed and measured as best I could and got the secondary set of gates mounted and partially ready.

The main gates were only partially done:

Then I had to leave but return I did and got working on finishing off the primary gateway. This time I had two chainsaws and experience from the first time, yet it was still a challenge. I hadn't had time to add bracers to the original gates so had to do that first!

Advertisement