Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Door upholstry shabby - dying a solution?

• 26-07-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I thought I would put this into the "detailing" thread first, and not the "repair" one to see if there were some solution other than replacing the door liner.

Below is the door liner on my 08 golf, it's the material itself that's actually a bit damaged but the colour of it isn't great either. I wonder if there's something I can do in way of say buying a product to dye it all a bit darker to mask the damage?

any other solutions i'm not thinking of?

P7260302_zps113fb101.jpg

P7260300_zpscb48a56c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Dying it would certainly be an option!

Clean Car do a spray on dye that Ive heard is quite good....perhaps it was here that I seen someone who did a faded rear seat shelf, that came up really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ah so there is such a thing! - and the results can be good you say?

I'm not sure what colour to buy (something darker, but not too dark).

I live in the north so cleancar.ie isn't really convenient for me, Anything on amazon.co.uk is great though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

VHT is the manufacturer of the dye....assume you'd be able to get a charcoal colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

sweet! thanks Curran!

Advertisement