Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon Ladder

• 26-07-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey lads,
    was wondering has anyone here fabricated their own Salmon Ladder yet or bought one? I'm interested in making one or buying a frame for my garden, not sure if I'd use wood as I weigh 90kg.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Haven't made one but was thinking you could just make 2 steps/hooks. You will see lads going up all the rungs and then back down again, so with 2 you could just go up and then back down again & repeat. Certainly won't look as cool though.

I would also like the second rung to be adjustable, so as you get stronger the distance can be increased. With multiple rungs this would be much harder to do, and you would have to make far more of the more complex rungs. To make it adjustable it could be simply be adding more wood on top of the fixed rung, so in effect it is raised.

THis is a salmon ladder if people are wondering, this is in some superhero tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

looks cool but going to be painful if you miss or half miss the rung at any height

Rope climb or monkey bars might be a safer option

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Thud wrote: »
    looks cool but going to be painful if you miss or half miss the rung at any height

Rope climb or monkey bars might be a safer option

That's the fun of it, I'll learn not to miss it'll add a bit of a rush to it :p
    monkey bars would take up a lot of space and I don't have a roof high enough for a rope climb, I wouldn't dare tie it to a tree or anything. Seen a few construction vids on youtube, may start off with a wooden frame and support it with metal if i can.

Advertisement