Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Hey, I purchased an apartment in July 2013, I paid the household charge and have paid the LPT. I did not pay the NPPR. From what I understand it was due in March 2013. WOuld the previous owner have been liable for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Yes (if it was a NPPR), and your solicitor would have sought proof it was discharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you purchased in 2013 you are exempt from LPT until 2016. Get yourself a refund for that one! :)

Link below
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/exemptions.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pwurple wrote: »
    If you purchased in 2013 you are exempt from LPT until 2016. Get yourself a refund for that one! :)

Link below
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/exemptions.html

If the OP is questioning the NPPR- it would infer the apartment was not for their own occupence. The waiver on LPT until 2016 only applies where the property is purchased by an owner occupier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If the OP is questioning the NPPR- it would infer the apartment was not for their own occupence. The waiver on LPT until 2016 only applies where the property is purchased by an owner occupier.

Ah yes, non-occupier.

Got my letter this week from revenue with my refund, so am spreading the news. :)

In the letter they have actually put "exempt until 2106" instead of "2016", but I doubt I will be able to hold them to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thanks Mousetail, Ill send an email in the morning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,758 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So, if a property is rented out after the liability date of that year then you don't have to pay for said year? eg, property rented out April 2012. Are you not liable for the NPPR for the year 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,758 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's probably one of the most reprehensible taxes ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

walshb wrote: »
    It's probably one of the most reprehensible taxes ever!
    Hardly!

Advertisement