Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good taxi companies in the city?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone, I'll be in Dublin next week and I'll have to get a cab a few times early in the morning. I just want some suggestions for cab companies that will show up if I book that early in the morning? Since it's important that I get to my destination on time! Any help would be great! I'll be staying near the quays!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

8202020 are pretty good. But just download Hallo. You will be sure that the taxi will actually come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

+1 for Hailo. Otherwise most of the companies I've used ain't that great. Hailo will always get you a response and on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

Thanks for the info. Can you book a cab on hailo for a certain time or just call it when your ready? I'll need to be picked up at 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Thanks for the info. Can you book a cab on hailo for a certain time or just call it when your ready? I'll need to be picked up at 5am

National radio cabs are good. They are the biggest too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You just say on hailo you want a taxi. And the nearest one comes to you. Even at 5 am you shouldn't have difficulty getting a taxi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hailo for me too, can't go wrong. If you want a company I prefer Global cabs over other companies as Global can take land marks as a guide. Other companies like 8202020 need actual building numbers which can be hard if you just at a meeting or missed a bus and at a bus stop. Also with global they ring you back if they can't get a cab to you on time. Example we needed a 7 seater with either NRC or 820 to get to a match. 15 mins after it was due we had to ring them back and they just said oh yeah sorry no 7 seaters. Another occasion Global rang us 5 mins before said no 7 seaters free did we want two normal cars. That's decent in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Some of the Hailo drivers have started accepting jobs when they've a passanger in the car. I watched one guy drive from the N2 to Blackhorse Avenue (I live close to Finglas Village), so I rang him and he said "Oi'll be honest bud, I was droppin someone" - told him to stuff it and ordered another one.

This was the Sunday of the World Cup Final, and I was meeting a few mates in town, this idiot made me late - and because the call was cancelled I wasn't able to give him a bad review.

The guy who eventually turned up was a racist arsehole too, when I told him the story he asked me "Where was he from", I said he was Irish and he said to me "Strange, it's usually the darkies who get up to that".

Lovely bunch they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

Try UBER you can book them and same price as a taxi. You can pay extra for fancy BMW's aswell. Huge over in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

airbus125 wrote: »
    Try UBER you can book them and same price as a taxi. You can pay extra for fancy BMW's aswell. Huge over in the states.

Cool I'll give them a look I don't care who picks me up as long as they are on time. It was just the time of the morning was worrying me!

Advertisement