Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice and day trips?

• 27-07-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

We are arriving into Nice airport at 21.00 on Thursday 7th August and departing on Sunday 21.15. We will have about 3 full days I would like to spend one day in Nice and do two day trips would that be possible hubby would prefer two days in Nice and just one day trip. If we do two day trips one will be Monaco for a half day but can you recommend other scenic cities/towns near Nice that are not very far as we don't want to spend the whole day on public transport.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

Cannes, in the other direction. The area around the train station is a bit shabby, iirc, but when you make your way down to the seafront you get to see some of the elegeance. The old part of Cannes is up the hill, at the western end of the seafront. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Monaco is interesting because it's so repulsive (the rock with the palace is OK for a few minutes). As said, Cannes is really nice, and Antibes is really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kittywake

Don't miss St Paul de Vence- it really is a beautiful town up in the hills. Take the bus for €1. I like Villefrenche Sur Mer which you could stop at on the way to Monaco. Eze is also a nice place to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Kittywake wrote: »
    Don't miss St Paul de Vence- it really is a beautiful town up in the hills. Take the bus for €1. I like Villefrenche Sur Mer which you could stop at on the way to Monaco. Eze is also a nice place to see.

Would second all the above. I really like Antibes/ Juan Les Pins. The boat trips out around the Cap d'Antibes is a nice shortish trip - stunning views.

Advertisement