Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way from Carlow to Cork?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, what's the quickest way from Carlow town to cork? Join the M7 at portlaoise or drive thru Kilkenny to join it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

Hi, what's the quickest way from Carlow town to cork? Join the M7 at portlaoise or drive thru Kilkenny to join it?

Thanks

I've tried everyway and the quickest/shortest is Carlow - Abbeyleix - Ballacolla and then joining M7. You also avoid extra toll that you would get going via Portlaoise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Motorbike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If it's to the city or North Cork ,I tend to go Carlow/Kilkenny/Freshford and on to the motorway near Urlingford, don't forget there's a toll near Fermoy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Another way is M9 to Waterford then N25 to Cork. Though overall you're probably getting more motorway going via the M8 either by Abbeyleix or Urlingford. Really depends where in Carlow you're coming from or where in Cork you're headed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Via Waterford is good for East Cork, but not for the north!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I went to Cork for a Lana Del Rey concert a few weeks ago.

I was on the motorway for most of the way.

Think I went through Laois, Kilkenny, Tipperary and other places I think.

If you've an Android phone just type in your destination and it'll take you there via the quickest route.

Advertisement