Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Roast Portlaoise Area

Options
  • 27-07-2014 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere around town that we can get a good pub Sunday roast under €12 ?
    Might head out for the main course and watch bit of Gaa :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Msrob

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Is there anywhere around town that we can get a good pub Sunday roast under €12 ?
    Might head out for the main course and watch bit of Gaa :-)

Egans on the bottom of main st do a cavery, there's o loughlins aswel (I find can be hit and miss) there's stir at the maldron but haven been there in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Preston house in abbeyleix is ok if you are willing to travel a bit

But while I'm here. If some Sunday you can splash out with 25 euro go to ashbrook arms durrow.

Starter main desert tea/ coffee and any extra serving of veg spuds are usually free.
    But you get so much it's only fabulous anyway.

I've ate in many many places here and abroad nothing bates the ashbrook!!!!
    It's devine :-D

No gaa on showith in either I can only comment on food. Gaa on across road on pub thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Egans is decent but think it's €14 or 15 for Sunday carvery

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The best Sunday roast in town, in my experience, would be at the Killeshin Hotel.
    Everything is cooked to order, and it's never too busy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Egans probably the best value in Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement