Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Shaping up to be a good final between myself and JaMarcus, Fight on Trojans powered through the division with a 10-2 record whereas Cookie's Cowboys had a rather more workmanlike 7-4-1 record but went on a strong late run to make the playoffs. Based on the regular season FOT would be worthy favourites but one of their only 2 losses was at the hands of CC, so could they potentially be a bogey team for the regular season champs? Guess we'll find out soon :P

Another good season guys but yeah I'd be in favour of dropping back to a 12 man league next season to keep the activity up. Cheers for running it again JaMarcus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Shaping up to be a good final between myself and JaMarcus, Fight on Trojans powered through the division with a 10-2 record whereas Cookie's Cowboys had a rather more workmanlike 7-4-1 record but went on a strong late run to make the playoffs. Based on the regular season FOT would be worthy favourites but one of their only 2 losses was at the hands of CC, so could they potentially be a bogey team for the regular season champs? Guess we'll find out soon :P

Another good season guys but yeah I'd be in favour of dropping back to a 12 man league next season to keep the activity up. Cheers for running it again JaMarcus.

Hard one to call even after yesterday's game. I was really counting on a bounty of points from Devon Johnson, and when I saw the final score was 67-66 in the Marshall game, I was sure I had this one wrapped up only to check the box score and see Johnson left the game with an injury after only 3 carries.

Luckily Rashard Higgins at WR continued his streak of putting up QB-like points and Shane Carden had a bounce back game.

Corey Coleman killed me the last time we met, and I'm dreading he'll do the same again today. I guess the one consolation is that of Cato's 7 TD passes yesterday, only one went to Shuler.

Too close to call yet!

Pretty confident I have this in the bag. Up by 67, Cookie has Luke Falk left to play. To be honest, if any QB could claw that back it would be Falk, what with him throwing it nearly 80 times a game. Thankfully I have his number one target Vince Mayle to play too, so it would take something extraordinary to lose from this position.

Thanks everyone for playing this year and for staying active. Hope you'll all sign back up again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,085 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Congrats Jamarcus, you had the best roster all season long. Hope Mayle gets you 11 more to crack that 200 point barrier.

Thanks for running the show, its a lot of work when you have people who don't bother to come on for five minutes and set their team.

I'll be back again next year hoping to improve on my third place finish. I'd agree with dropping it to 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Congrats Jamarcus, the best team won it in the end. My knowledge of College Ball has diminished greatly since i got rid of ESPN and that showed in my teams performance. Will be back next year to improve on my 3 wins

• Advertisement

Let me know if anyone is interested for another league this year.

Due to last year's league being somewhat ruined by people abandoning their teams, I'll be cherrypicking who's allowed in to the league this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

I'd definitely be interested again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yeah I'd go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

I'd definitely be up for it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, wouldn't mind playing again.

• Advertisement

Yeah,i'm in again, determined to improve on last years dismal effort

In again this year.

Yup count me in again

How are we numbers wise for this? 8 back so far? Any rough date for draft? Only asking cos I'll be out of the country for 10 days in two weeks

Last call for participants.

Don't know if there's much point doing a league with 8 people? Do people still want to have the draft some day this week?

That's a no then. Maybe next year.

When is the season starting? I've been out of touch a bit this season due to a young fella on the verge of walking.

I really want to do this again this year.

eagle eye wrote: »
    When is the season starting? I've been out of touch a bit this season due to a young fella on the verge of walking.

I really want to do this again this year.

Starts next Thursday (8 days time). I'll happily run it, my only concern is that with only 8 teams, most rosters are going to be stacked so the joy of looking for sleepers will be pretty much null this year. Unless we limit it to power conferences and indepents (i.e. no MAC, Sunbelt, Mountain West etc.)

Starts next Thursday (8 days time). I'll happily run it, my only concern is that with only 8 teams, most rosters are going to be stacked so the joy of looking for sleepers will be pretty much null this year. Unless we limit it to power conferences and indepents (i.e. no MAC, Sunbelt, Mountain West etc.)
    We could change to limit the conferences and agree what ones to rule out. Who have we got so far? I'll fire of a pm and we'll try and arrange the draft and get people's thoughts on limiting the conferences. We could also see if we can get some extra people. The draft date being part of the thread title might be preventing people from looking in the thread thinking it's already full and pointless checking out the thread.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    We could change to limit the conferences and agree what ones to rule out. Who have we got so far? I'll fire of a pm and we'll try and arrange the draft and get people's thoughts on limiting the conferences. We could also see if we can get some extra people. The draft date being part of the thread title might be preventing people from looking in the thread thinking it's already full and pointless checking out the thread.

Sounds good, I've messaged the mods to get the thread title reset.

In terms of conferences, I would suggest the below based off another league I'm in which had a pretty competitive draft -

ACC
    Big Ten
    PAC 12
    AAC
    SEC
    BIG 12
    Independents

Which would mean no players from the following conferences:

Conference USA
    MAC
    Mountain West
    Sun Belt

Yup I'd still be keen to play this year. I'm fairly easy with what we decided on with the conferences.

Given 8 players it makes sense to cut the divisions to the main 6 + indies. I'm still up for this

I'm still up for it...I'm easygoing as regards the details too... My only problem is I'll be very busy each night for the next week so will likely struggle to make the draft!

We can do a late-ish draft early next week if it suits, maybe 10pm or so on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday?

We can do a late-ish draft early next week if it suits, maybe 10pm or so on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday?
    Anytime before Thursday night suits me. Off to the States on Friday morning so early night Thursday night.

After that all my drafts will be between 4 and 5pm.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Late draft most nights suits me as I'll be done at half 9 most nights at latest.

Yeah the later the better any night would suit me best...being perfectly honest though I can't promise that I'll make it as I could easily get caught working late for the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭boccy23

Yeah, I'll try it. Never did CFB so will probably get slaughtered. I know that it's the lesser teams that rack up the points some weeks. But hey, will make looking at Goal Line all the more interesting.

• Advertisement

I'll reactivate the league tonight, can you guys PM me your email addresses, just so I know what players not to kick? Thanks

Advertisement