Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

JaMarcusHustle - Fight On Trojans
    eagle eye - Foxboro Legends
    The Bogman - Disco Ninjas
    United Irishman - United Irishmen
    Spongey1875 - Huxley College
    Onecoolcookie - Cookies Cowboys
    davetherave - Super Troopers FC
    Heffo001 - Rosslare Raiders

Do I have those team names correct? Everyone above has signed up again for next year.

Boccy - can you send me your e-mail address please?

Boccy is signed up. In terms of draft dates, I'm going to give the options of 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please fill out the below and let me know what works for you.

http://doodle.com/cqramaxaynnwspyi

The draft will be tomorrow at 10:30pm. I'll PM the participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭boccy23

Better get swotting up so. :)

So we have 9 people this year. Tbh, I'd much rather that than the 16 we had last year which was decimated with inactive players. At least we know the 9 we have will be committed and have a track record of activity.

Do we want the Power 5 conferences + Independents, or do we just want it open to all FBS schools?

I'm easy either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

So we have 9 people this year. Tbh, I'd much rather that than the 16 we had last year which was decimated with inactive players. At least we know the 9 we have will be committed and have a track record of activity.

Do we want the Power 5 conferences + Independents, or do we just want it open to all FBS schools?

I'm easy either way.

I'm easy either way too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Can you draft with 9 players? Will that not mess with H2H during the season?

Can you draft with 9 players? Will that not mess with H2H during the season?

You can - and I'm just gonna set it as 1 division with all 9 teams. You'll play each team once, and I'll randomise the remaining weeks so you'll play a couple of teams twice.

Best I can do unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

You can - and I'm just gonna set it as 1 division with all 9 teams. You'll play each team once, and I'll randomise the remaining weeks so you'll play a couple of teams twice.

Best I can do unfortunately!

But will there be an idle team each week?

But will there be an idle team each week?

Well damn, I never considered that. I'll recruit a 10th team before tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

If ye need one to make a H2H league then I can give it go (if you haven't found someone else that is). Draft time is good for me...

Coeus wrote: »
    If ye need one to make a H2H league then I can give it go (if you haven't found someone else that is). Draft time is good for me...

You're in!

Can you send me your email address?

I'm easy either way.

Personally I would be happier with Power 5 conferences + Independents as I know something about these! There is an awful lot of study to be done if all FBS teams are in there. But hey, whatever everyone wants, I'll go along with.

10 people now. I'll leave it at the conferences suggested earlier then, will make it a bit more competitive.

Catch you all in the draft room tonight, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Missed the draft lads :(

Working the morning shift and was completely wrecked coming in last night so fell straight asleep unfortunately. Looking at my team this morning though and in a sleepy haze I got excited seeing Fournette at RB.....

Huge fan of the LSU RB and think he could be a Heisman candidate, unfortunately on closer inspection it's not Leonard Fournette the draft gods picked for me but Lanard Fournette the very much unheralded Louisiana State RB!

So, which poor bastard drafted James Conner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

So, which poor bastard drafted James Conner?

That would also be me :(

Fight On Trojans, I got an email with a trade proposal from you. But whether I click on link in email or go through fantrax and go to pending trades I can't find it anywhere. Just wondering if you withdrew it? Or maybe I just can't find it? Or fantrax fecked up. I would have politely declined anyway

The Bogman wrote: »
    Fight On Trojans, I got an email with a trade proposal from you. But whether I click on link in email or go through fantrax and go to pending trades I can't find it anywhere. Just wondering if you withdrew it? Or maybe I just can't find it? Or fantrax fecked up. I would have politely declined anyway

I withdrew it after I had seen rumours that JT Barrett would start from week 2 onwards!

Oh right no prob! I thought it had gone missing somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ah ffs how can I lose to a guy who only started 4 offensive players?

Fcuking wooden spoon this year so. :mad:

Talk about your team showing up! 217 points this week. Felt sorry for Foxboro. 129 was the third highest score and would have won all but 1 other matchup.

UnitedIrishman has been booted from the league for missing 2 gameweeks in a row. Zero tolerance policy on inactivity. I will set the starting lineup for that team going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,085 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

boccy23 wrote: »
    Talk about your team showing up! 217 points this week. Felt sorry for Foxboro. 129 was the third highest score and would have won all but 1 other matchup.
    Yeah that was ridic, I had a good score but wasn't even at the races.

I didn't mind losing to that score though, you just take it on the chin and move on. It's the time you get beat by a couple of points and have the second or third best score that is annoying.

Super Troopers kicked for inactivity. I'll update his team going forward.

I noticed a couple of other teams missing starters despite having players available on the bench. I also checked and these people had logged in over the past couple of days. Is it seriously so hard to just set your starters, or at least let me know if you don't want to be involved anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭davetherave

So UnitedIrishMen gets two weeks grace but I'm fcuked out before all of the games even kicked off in the game week.

You seem to take this far too seriously. I've been involved in the College Fantasy since the start five years ago, I'm hardly just going to up sticks and abandon it am I?

So UnitedIrishMen gets two weeks grace but I'm fcuked out before all of the games even kicked off in the game week.

You seem to take this far too seriously. I've been involved in the College Fantasy since the start five years ago, I'm hardly just going to up sticks and abandon it am I?

You hadn't logged in since last Sunday and left an inactive WR in your starting lineup when the only WR on your bench you had to replace him was kicking off at 5. I waited until kickoff and you hadn't logged in to put him in. You hadn't made any moves to address no starting TEs on your team either.

UnitedIrishman hadn't logged on in 2 weeks but he only missed putting in starters for 1 week.

I don't take it far too seriously, I just have a zero tolerance on inactivity given what's happened in this league in the past. You miss one week, you're gone. Simple as that.

My phone won't let me log into fantrax and I'm away from laptop til tomorrow... Appreciate it if someone could update me on how my disco ninjas are doing?

KyFPMof.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks jamarcus. Some of my heaviest scorers to come but I'd say you've a big enough lead to see it out

Advertisement