Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV only works with PC in multimonitor mode

Options
  • 27-07-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭

Windows 7 x64.

My LCD TV usually has no problem connecting to my PC via HDMI without need for connecting an additional monitor.

One new game wouldn't run on the default resolution on the TV so I had to connect a 2nd monitor and extend the display to run the game and set the resolution on the game so i can later use it with the TV. All fine.

After this I rebooted the machine without the 2nd monitor and all of a sudden I'm getting a blank screen with "resolution is not supported" on my TV.

Plugging the 2nd monitor back in and everything is fine and TV goes back to 1920 x 1080.

So there seems to be a configuration setting for when 1 monitor is plugged in and I can't change it since the screen is blank.

Can I change this in the registry perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Even without rebooting I can see this in effect...

VGA Monitor and TV connected: both fine

Unplug VGA: after 3 seconds TV goes blank with "resolution not supported"

Plug VGA back in: both fine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sorted in the end via some messing around with AMD Catalyst Control Center

Pure luck

Advertisement