Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of ATM's in Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

If this is the case:
    Let's remember also that the real reason is to do with taxes...

why does none of your further explanation have anything to do with taxes?
    ... It costs them money to have these machines and use them that is why a lot of businesses struggling decide not to use them but there really is no excuse in this day and age not to have one and those avoiding having one to skimp and save should be made illegal. I was in the subway one day when the lady told me they accept cash only, I just said awww that's a shame, left the food on the tray and walked away. I didn't have cash on me and I'm not going to walk the length and breadth of the marshes to a machine that charges me more for using it than using my card in a store like Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm pretty certain it doesn't cost them taxes to have these machines. In fact, a lot of them are filled by the shops which is the shops way of banking their money. Put 1k into the machine the machine banks 1k to your account. Beats doing cash drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Some Pubs/Ridleys do cashback, but what happens if its early morning/late at night when they are shut. From Topaz on the Dublin Rd their is not 1 bank machine untill you hit Clanbrasil Street.

Thats noit good enough for a town this size surely?

The Bureau De Change on Park St (Brannigans) give cash back but charge 25 cent or so for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very poor service from all the banks but then again we serve them more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

the new tesco extra will have an ATM or 3. the old one had. and it will be extended hours too no?
    may not be good enough for some but in the past no one complained so much about a 5 min walk from park Street to the square... hopefully a new pair of cycle lanes will sort out the walking issue! ;-) 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 spawinte

Tesco will be 7am - 11pm 7 days a week. Will also have a public toilet to solve the previously mentioned issue though I imagine it will keep the same opening hours as Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain it doesn't cost them taxes to have these machines. In fact, a lot of them are filled by the shops which is the shops way of banking their money. Put 1k into the machine the machine banks 1k to your account. Beats doing cash drops.

It's a lot of hassle though to fill the machine every morning and empty it again at night.
    The card companies charge commission on what goes through the visa machine too so giving cash back costs the same money

Mrs W wrote: »
    It's a lot of hassle though to fill the machine every morning and empty it again at night.
    The card companies charge commission on what goes through the visa machine too so giving cash back costs the same money

I have little sympathy. Make it attractive to go into your store or don't. If you don't then you pay the consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

spawinte wrote: »
    It's a huge pain. The only takeaway I know of that takes cards is Mullens. Small businesses really despise taking cards it seems. I wonder why that would be.

Multilateral interchange fees, usually. It's an absolute pain that more places don't accept card though!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Is the new tesco not open 24 hour?

• Advertisement

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Is the new tesco not open 24 hour?

Think I seen it advertised somewhere as 7am to 11pm 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

doney84 wrote: »
    Think I seen it advertised somewhere as 7am to 11pm 7 days a week.

Yeah and the petrol station in 6.30am to 11.30pm.

Advertisement