Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby dislikes buggy

Options
  • 27-07-2014 4:14pm

Hello,

Any experiences with your baby not enjoying the buggy?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Not personally, no. What age is your baby and what buggy is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep both mine hated it before the 9-10 week mark.. They both went through a phase with carry seat where they screamed in it so got a rear facing car seat and they mellowed fully.. Are you using carry seat in buggy? I found mine rathered just been in the actual buggy.. Other than that short walks regular to help getting used to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, both of mine love the buggy. Friend of mine has a travel system where the baby hates the carseat bit of it though, so she had to ditch it.

What buggy is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

My little man used to hate the pushchair first couple of times we used it(2/3 weeks old) he cried as soon as we would start moving.
    it was just a matter of getting used to it, started to love it after about 5 attempts and still loves it (age 2)

Thanks for the replies. Going to try 30 mins each day and see how we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yep both mine hated it before the 9-10 week mark.. They both went through a phase with carry seat where they screamed in it so got a rear facing car seat and they mellowed fully.. Are you using carry seat in buggy? I found mine rathered just been in the actual buggy.. Other than that short walks regular to help getting used to it
    Did you have them I A sit up buggy. Young babies should be in a lie flat pram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Neither liked lying flat specially the second as she had reflux.. I had a buggy that car seat sat into which is no different than the click and go that so many use..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Going to try 30 mins each day and see how we go.

I'm no expert but aiming for 30 minutes sounds like a lot. I know it's a faff but I'd suggest trying just for a five minute walk up and down the road, ending before the child gets upset first, building gradually from there.
    It's probably not the correct analogy but it's similar to how you'd teach a pup to walk on the lead, just tiny incremental increases from a low base, not letting negative associations develop. Apologies if that's an inappropriate comparison, I hope it's not offensive. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

My son hated his buggy. Would never sleep in it and preferred to be carried around. He is still a bit like that now and his almost two but he walks every now mostly.

He loved his rocker though!!

Advertisement