Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Suncroft/Martinstown Co. Kildare

Options
  • 27-07-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Further to this post, I would like to get some more information/clarification on this. You say there will be a cabinet at the entrance to Eascanrath Brook. I am located exactly 1km from there by road (so within the 2km limit). However, I am sceptical that Eircom would connect me to that cabinet. Traditionally, the landlines on this road went in the other direction, directly back to the Curragh Camp exchange. Now that the cabinets are more relevant tan the exchabge, I would like to know if I will be able to connect to this cabinet once it is live. Also, what is the time scale for this particular cabinet? I see that CUR1_04A in Suncroft itself is ready to go, but I haven't seen anything at Eascanrath Brook. 

Thanks and regards,
    Derek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dero wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Further to this post, I would like to get some more information/clarification on this. You say there will be a cabinet at the entrance to Eascanrath Brook. I am located exactly 1km from there by road (so within the 2km limit). However, I am sceptical that Eircom would connect me to that cabinet. Traditionally, the landlines on this road went in the other direction, directly back to the Curragh Camp exchange. Now that the cabinets are more relevant tan the exchabge, I would like to know if I will be able to connect to this cabinet once it is live. Also, what is the time scale for this particular cabinet? I see that CUR1_04A in Suncroft itself is ready to go, but I haven't seen anything at Eascanrath Brook. 

Thanks and regards,
    Derek

Hi Dero

I've double checked this with efibre operations and I've been advised that there is yet to be an agreed activation & launch date for this cabinet. The best indication operations can offer is early 2015. I have also been advised that until the cabinet is activated we will be unable to see or advise you whether your line is connected to it although it is promising that you are in a 1KM range.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement