Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New walking shoe/runner recommendations?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I do a lot of walking and I need a new pair of runners or walking shoes. I've always used runners for walking on flat ground but is there any benefit to walking shoes? I presume they are like hiking boots without the ankle support?

Anyway I do regular 20-25km walks on flat ground and I'm looking for something light, comfortable and durable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

py2006 wrote: »
    Anyone? :(

Walking shoes will be a little more robust compared to runners.

You could pick up a pair of trail running shoes as a cross over option. Will be light like a runner but a little more robust and with options of water repellent lining or gortex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I had a look at a few yesterday. They seemed thicker and heavier compared to normal runners.

Are there any particular brands you favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

py2006 wrote: »
    I had a look at a few yesterday. They seemed thicker and heavier compared to normal runners.

Are there any particular brands you favour?

Me personally, I have a couple of pairs of dufferent Mizuno & Brooks trail shoes. Very little difference weight wise to a road running shoe unless you go Goretex or other waterproof fabric.

For trail walkers a decent shoe is the New Balance 959 and a runner/walker is Brooks Cascadia. Worth starting from there maybe.

Advertisement