Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of door to door marketing

Options
  • 27-07-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have a new business and want to do some door to door leaflet drops.

Looking to cut down cost and use family members to deliver them.

Looking to drop to 10,000 households.

How many households do ya recon you would get through in 8 hour shift?
    (Mainly estates)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

monkey8 wrote: »
    I have a new business and want to do some door to door leaflet drops.

Looking to cut down cost and use family members to deliver them.

Looking to drop to 10,000 households.

How many households do ya recon you would get through in 8 hour shift?
    (Mainly estates)

Depends on a lot of factors such as number of houses per estate and how far each estate is from the next. I'd say try for an average of 100 houses an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you go for this extremely annoying method of alienating potential customers, please be so kind as to acknowledge the 'no junk mail' signs.

Don't shove your rubbish through my letter box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Honestly it's a case of how long is a piece of string.

In the same estate you can have houses with very long drives, others with fairly small, and others with no drives. Obviously the long drive ones will take longer to do then the short ones.

Also remember that an average person walks 5 or 6 km an hour so in 8 hours the person will walk 40Km or more!

Google maps will be your friend here or drive out to the estates you want done and find the highest house number in each part.

Print out maps from Google maps, mark where you've delivered on it, and don't put them in letter boxes that say no junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

After a bit of practice you can easily average 1,000 plus per day.
    Fast stop/start walking, bending down for low letterboxes and turning to go back down paths is tiring.
    Don't try and do an 8 hour shift on your first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

Thanks for all the advice.
    Very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement