Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remote Desktop Connection.

• 27-07-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi Folks. I have two laptops. One running Vista Ultimate and the other running Windows 7 Ultimate. The Vista is attached to a TV as its screen is not working and is working as a media player. I can remote access the Vista from the 7 but when I disconnect it locks the screen. I have been searching for a way to stop this and have found that if I write a batch file and put it in the windows folder it should stop the Vista from locking. The file itself is pretty simple and only contains one line:

@%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0/dest:console
    @pause

I added the pause myself as I couldnt see what the command was doing. That was when I found it was giving an error message saying:

Invalid sessionID 0/dest:console

Can anyone help with what I am doing wrong.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

PopIT wrote: »
    Hi Folks. I have two laptops. One running Vista Ultimate and the other running Windows 7 Ultimate. The Vista is attached to a TV as its screen is not working and is working as a media player. I can remote access the Vista from the 7 but when I disconnect it locks the screen. I have been searching for a way to stop this and have found that if I write a batch file and put it in the windows folder it should stop the Vista from locking. The file itself is pretty simple and only contains one line:

@%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0/dest:console
    @pause

I added the pause myself as I couldnt see what the command was doing. That was when I found it was giving an error message saying:

Invalid sessionID 0/dest:console

Can anyone help with what I am doing wrong.
    Many thanks.

The code is a little wrong, use this instead and create a desktop shortcut and you will now use to "end" your remote connection.

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe RDP-Tcp#0 /dest:console

"A couple of things to remember. If you find it not working, check the user session that you are using on the RDP. Open Task Manager and check the users tab. See the session tab at the right? That number, in this case it’s 0, corresponds to the number in the command. RDP-Tcp#0"

http://homeservershow.com/remote-desktop-session-locks-workstation-after-exit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Thank you. Could not figure out why the box stayed open on the host machine and then realised I forgot to take out the pause and now all is good. Thanks a million:):).

Advertisement