Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cockpit price?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Does anyone have an idea of how much a full home cockpit would cost?
    This includes pilot seats, displays, computers, panels, throttle quadrant etc and a shell. Is there anyone in Ireland who builds home cockpits for a price? I know it would cost way too much for me to afford at the moment, but just out of curiosity and future interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Hi there,

I've just started a thread in the link below which may be of some benefit/interest

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057039632

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

To scratch my own itch about this I've done some research and there are two companies that build and sell airline simulators to enthusiasts.

The first is Flight Simulator Center in Italy. They build and sell a full 737NG fixed base sim. You can buy the barebones or a full complete simulator. A kit including the cockpit shell, MCP, EFIS, FMC, linked yokes & rudder pedals and 2 737 replica seats will set you back €59k. That's without the overhead panel and throttle quadrant or any of the display equipment or computers. You have to enquire about the full build but I would imagine its circa €100k.

The other is Flight Deck Solutions in Canada. They don't have prices displayed for their pro-level simulators but one US based forum member was quoted $109kCAD. They DO however have an enthusiast level sister company called JetMax which sells a single side 737NG replica with throttle quadrant/overhead as options. Looks really quite impressive and much more affordable at about $7kUSD for THIS.

Quite tempted myself actually...

EDIT: VIDEO

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

Elessar wrote: »
    To scratch my own itch about this I've done some research and there are two companies that build and sell airline simulators to enthusiasts.

The first is Flight Simulator Center in Italy. They build and sell a full 737NG fixed base sim. You can buy the barebones or a full complete simulator. A kit including the cockpit shell, MCP, EFIS, FMC, linked yokes & rudder pedals and 2 737 replica seats will set you back €59k. That's without the overhead panel and throttle quadrant or any of the display equipment or computers. You have to enquire about the full build but I would imagine its circa €100k.

The other is Flight Deck Solutions in Canada. They don't have prices displayed for their pro-level simulators but one US based forum member was quoted $109kCAD. They DO however have an enthusiast level sister company called JetMax which sells a single side 737NG replica with throttle quadrant/overhead as options. Looks really quite impressive and much more affordable at about $7kUSD for THIS.

Quite tempted myself actually...

EDIT: VIDEO

Jesus 100k???? Be better off getting training for the real thing lol

Advertisement