Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 problems

Options
  • 27-07-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

My PS3 all of a sudden has stopped working. The red light is on, when I press the on button it turns on fine but after maybe 5 seconds the console just shuts off again. There is no yellow light, no blue light or anything else. It just turns on then turns off completely. Around 20 seconds later the red light comes back on & I'm back to square one.

I have the PS3 exactly 2 years this week & this is the one & only problem I've ever had with it. I've cleaned the console with an air can just in case there was a build up of dust but it hasn't had any impact at all.

Has anyone any ideas how this can be fixed? If it can be fixed at all that is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PS3-turns-on-then-right-back-off/td-p/18596464

To quote from this thread

Flashing red light means that it is too hot. You can read this in your owner's manual. Just let it set for a while then make sure it is in standby then turn it off from the back and turn it back on. If that doesn't work then hold down the power button for 10 seconds then when it beeps let go of the power button and see if it works. If this doesn't help then you have a hardware issue of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Motivator wrote: »
    My PS3 all of a sudden has stopped working. The red light is on, when I press the on button it turns on fine but after maybe 5 seconds the console just shuts off again. There is no yellow light, no blue light or anything else. It just turns on then turns off completely. Around 20 seconds later the red light comes back on & I'm back to square one.

I have the PS3 exactly 2 years this week & this is the one & only problem I've ever had with it. I've cleaned the console with an air can just in case there was a build up of dust but it hasn't had any impact at all.

Has anyone any ideas how this can be fixed? If it can be fixed at all that is.
    Looks like PSU problem. What PS3 model do you have?

Advertisement