Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising for Argent Global Network

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭xerpae

I that yup defo have that that thanks for thinking of me.

You're at it again...sure you haven't had a few?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

xerpae wrote: »
    Money from members and investors. No idea how much profit it makes and don't really care to be honest.

So money from members and investors, so the company is paying members from funds paid by members well that's a Ponzi and if it is using shareholder funds to pay members I would think the SEC would be interested.

You're at it again...sure you haven't had a few?

As I said I do drink, if I had a half case of wine I would still know this was a con. The mask slips so easily,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Correct...members are making money and I don't think there is appreciable money (if any) coming in from advertising at the moment.

So how are the members making money?

So money from members and investors, so the company is paying members from funds paid by members well that's a Ponzi and if it is using shareholder funds to pay members I would think the SEC would be interested.

It's paying out whatever way it can at the moment...end justifies the means.

• Advertisement

jjpep wrote: »
    So how are the members making money?

Refer to post #89.

As I said I do drink, if I had a half case of wine I would still know this was a con. The mask slips so easily,

Well, maybe turn off the laptop while you're getting wasted.
    "...I will happily bankrupt the sucker"...that's retarded.

Refer to post #89.

In post 89 you said investors and members. What I'm trying to find out is how is the money generated. No money is coming in. Money is going out. How? What are members doing that generates money?

If I asked a baker how does he make money, the answer would be along the lines of "I make bread from a collection of ingredients and sell it to people at a profit."

What does this company do to generate money to give to its members

Well, maybe turn off the laptop while you're getting wasted.
    "...I will happily bankrupt the sucker"...that's retarded.

You must not have read the "iphone" bit so no near to turn off the laptop and I would gladly defend a defamation case.

...I would gladly defend a defamation case.

I don't doubt it...I'm tempted just for the entertainment value.

• Advertisement

In post 89 you said investors and members. What I'm trying to find out is how is the money generated. No money is coming in. Money is going out. How? What are members doing that generates money?

They have money from investors and money is coming in from members. I can't account for other income streams.

They have money from investors and money is coming in from members. I can't account for other income streams.

If there is other income streams then ask the company to account for it if from investors it legally should not be paying members and if from members it's a Ponzi.

I don't doubt it...I'm tempted just for the entertainment value.

Circuit Court will only cost you €15k to take give or take high court well
    Add a zero. I think I have a chance in front of a Jury.

Ok, so members give other members money? Seems kinda pointless... What are the investors expecting to get back from their investment?

Do you see how someone would think that this is a ponzi scheme?

If there is other income streams then ask the company to account for it if from investors it legally should not be paying members and if from members it's a Ponzi.

If you want to find out about the other income streams, go ahead and ask yourself.
    Again, they are paying out whatever way they can to sustain themselves.
    I'm not concerned about the legalities,

If you want to find out about the other income streams, go ahead and ask yourself.
    Again, they are paying out whatever way they can to sustain themselves.
    I'm not concerned about the legalities,

And there it is in one "I'm not concerned about the legalities" so it's either a fraud on investors or on the members coming after you. Which one is it fraud is a dirty word which one is it new members you encourage or imaginary investors, for a drunk I think I can still spot a fraud.

What are the investors expecting to get back from their investment?

A profit, I would think!
    Do you see how someone would think that this is a ponzi scheme?

Yes, but it all boils down to intent as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe the company has ill intentions.

A profit, I would think!

Yes, but it all boils down to intent as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe the company has ill intentions.

A profit from where? You just said you don't care if it's illegal how much more ill intentions can a company have.

And there it is in one "I'm not concerned about the legalities" so it's either a fraud on investors or on the members coming after you. Which one is it fraud is a dirty word which one is it new members you encourage or imaginary investors, for a drunk I think I can still spot a fraud.

I'm not encouraging anyone...just here to discuss AGN.
    I don't need to anyway, the Alexa ranking speaks for itself.

A profit, I would think!

Ok, so it just a ponzi scheme then. Will you try to embroil your family and friends? Or just try random suckers? If there's no ill intentions I guess selling to family and friends won't be an issue, right....

• Advertisement

A profit from where? You just said you don't care if it's illegal how much more ill intentions can a company have.

I should really have said, I'm not interested in the legalities.
    I'm not a lawyer and am not qualified to comment.

Ok, so it just a ponzi scheme then. Will you try to embroil your family and friends? Or just try random suckers? If there's no ill intentions I guess selling to family and friends won't be an issue, right....

I don't think it is a Ponzi.
    What have I said that makes you think I would "just try random suckers"?

A profit, I would think!

I'm not encouraging anyone...just here to discuss AGN.
    I don't need to anyway, the Alexa ranking speaks for itself.

And last year BB was even higher if I remember, you may not think you are promoting it but you are and if just one person follows your lead and then the post about illegality is linked to you say hello to a prosecution.

I should really have said, I'm not interested in the legalities.
    I'm not a lawyer and am not qualified to comment.

After a qualified lawyer pointed out it is either a fraud on investors or a Ponzi you decide.

...say hello to a prosecution.

Priceless

ok, last go then. Explain how this 'business' works.

Because without random suckers a ponzi just can't work.

After a qualified lawyer pointed out it is either a fraud on investors or a Ponzi you decide.

A fraud according to what laws and jurisdiction?

Priceless

Why not

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/act/pub/0050/sec0006.html#sec6

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2007/en/act/pub/0019/sec0064.html#sec64

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2007/en/act/pub/0019/sec0065.html

"(6) A person guilty of an offence under section 65 (2) is liable on conviction on indictment to a fine not exceeding €150,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both.

(7) If, after being convicted of an offence under section 65 (2), a person continues to contravene section 65 (1), the person is guilty of a further offence on each day that the contravention continues and for each such offence is liable on conviction on indictment to a fine not exceeding €10,000."

Just for clarity "65.— (1) A person shall not—

(a) establish, operate or promote a pyramid promotional scheme,

(b) knowingly participate in such a scheme, or

(c) induce or attempt to induce another person to participate in such a scheme."

Thankfully a common informer can still start a prosecution pity the DPP must take it over. But if this turns out as I believe to be a ponzi I promise if I become aware of the ID of any person covered by section 65 (2) I will bring an indictment before the courts.

• Advertisement

Because without random suckers a ponzi just can't work.

I don't think it is a Ponzi but what makes you think that I am recruiting anyone?
    I repeat, I am here to discuss AGN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement